News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who would you pick as the next POTUS?

Started by Berkut, November 06, 2022, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given the two options presented, who should be the next President of the United States, assuming they are both alive, eligible, and the only available choices

Donald Trump
2 (22.2%)
Elon Musk
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 16, 2022, 10:48:16 PM

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 07, 2022, 07:05:25 AMTrump I'd say solely on the chances of him dropping dead are higher than Musk.

This. He is a known quantity as a crook.

Musk could turn out to be a Truss vs. Johnson's Trump. I admit, he could turn out good, but its unlikely.

Valmy

I mean anybody who hasn't openly tried to subvert election results. I would feel much better about President Musk.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2022, 01:16:21 PMElon Musk is not eligible to be President as he is not a natural born citizen. :nerd:

Well obviously this is a theoretical exercise. I seriously doubt Musk is interested in public service.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2022, 01:16:21 PMElon Musk is not eligible to be President as he is not a natural born citizen. :nerd:
I think I covered that in the poll. Read carefully.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2022, 01:37:49 PMI mean anybody who hasn't openly tried to subvert election results. I would feel much better about President Musk.

Fair point.

Berkut

They would both make terrible Presidents for the same basic reason - they both appear to be mentally unstable narcisists.

Musk would be not just competent though, but actually incredibly smart. If he could channel that usefully, he could do radically more damage then Trump. Trump, at the end of the day, is grossly incompetent.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2022, 01:13:31 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2022, 09:14:34 AMWTF Raz, it's sufficently piss-poor to be one of mine. :mad:

Fredo's was worse than any of yours. Let's see how you handle the competition.

:hmm:   I may have an idea.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Yeah, Trump is too fat, dumb, and lazy to be more than peripherally dangerous.  Musk isn't that fat or that lazy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Probably incorrectly but I'd be tempted to go with Musk.

Even if he doesn't really care (he might?), Musk has built so much of his image on green industry. Even if his motivations in doing this are pure profit, this puts him in a better place than Trump who would cancel green initiatives purely out of spite.

Plus as Tim said, Musk is just a dick whilst Trump is an open opponent of democracy.
██████
██████
██████