News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2022 Midterm Election MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, November 05, 2022, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2022, 07:50:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2022, 07:03:01 AMBiden, as the President of the United States, is the political head of the Democratic Party. His sitting Vice President--any Vice President--is the presumptive successor. That's the way it's always been. 

This only really became true in the post war period. Before that VPs were almost always non-entities.

Fuck off, Sheldon.

Jacob

CdM! As cuddly as ever. Good to see you :cheers:

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2023, 11:03:06 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2022, 07:03:01 AMBiden, as the President of the United States, is the political head of the Democratic Party. His sitting Vice President--any Vice President--is the presumptive successor. That's the way it's always been. 

This only really became true in the post war period. Before that VPs were almost always non-entities.

Fuck off, Sheldon.

You came back just to burn Timmy from a 5 month old post?  Well to each their own...

And I don't know that the VP is the "presumptive successor".  Mike Pence certainly isn't.  It was a different dynamic, but neither was Cheney, or Quayle.  And going way back while Mondale did get the nomination he was never seen as a strong leader and went down to an epic defeat in 1984.

Heck - even Joe Biden was seen with deep scepticism when he ran in 2015-2016 for the nomination, and was not endorsed by Obama until after he won the nomination IIRC.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2023, 11:32:21 AMYou came back just to burn Timmy from a 5 month old post?  Well to each their own...

Meh, it was my first alert in the notification queue. So you can fuck off, too.

QuoteAnd I don't know that the VP is the "presumptive successor".  Mike Pence certainly isn't.  It was a different dynamic, but neither was Cheney, or Quayle.  And going way back while Mondale did get the nomination he was never seen as a strong leader and went down to an epic defeat in 1984.

Heck - even Joe Biden was seen with deep scepticism when he ran in 2015-2016 for the nomination, and was not endorsed by Obama until after he won the nomination IIRC.

Mike Pence lost reelection as a VP, not the successor to the party. 
Mondale was a sitting VP on a reelection ticket in 1980, not as the successor. 1984 was his own candidacy.
Cheney wasn't interested in being President in 2008, ergo not a the successor. 
Quayle was the sitting VP on a reelection ticket in 1992, not as the successor. Perhaps he would've been in 1996, but Bubba.
Biden didn't even run on 2016, and stated so a year in advance, so stop pulling shit out of your ass.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2023, 11:58:54 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2023, 11:32:21 AMYou came back just to burn Timmy from a 5 month old post?  Well to each their own...

Meh, it was my first alert in the notification queue. So you can fuck off, too.

QuoteAnd I don't know that the VP is the "presumptive successor".  Mike Pence certainly isn't.  It was a different dynamic, but neither was Cheney, or Quayle.  And going way back while Mondale did get the nomination he was never seen as a strong leader and went down to an epic defeat in 1984.

Mike Pence lost reelection as a VP, not the successor to the party. 
Mondale was a sitting VP on a reelection ticket in 1980, not as the successor. 1984 was his own candidacy.
Cheney wasn't interested in being President in 2008, ergo not a the successor. 
Quayle was the sitting VP on a reelection ticket in 1992, not as the successor. Perhaps he would've been in 1996, but Bubba.
Biden didn't even run on 2016, and stated so a year in advance, so stop pulling shit out of your ass.

I erred in stating Biden - I of course meant 2019-2020.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taB5b1_uTt8

Is this the thread where the Santos stuff went?

Freshman Rep Andy Ogles of Tennessee, one of the 20 McCarthy holdouts, was less than truthful about his college degree.

jimmy olsen

Fuck off, Sheldon.
So, if I'm Sheldon are you Leonard or Howard?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2023, 04:17:48 AM

Fuck off, Sheldon.

Howard.  What with Mom and all.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2023, 09:24:08 AM

Fuck off, Sheldon.

Howard.  What with Mom and all.

Touché! :lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Fuck off, Sheldon.

Why can't he be Kuthrapali?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?