News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2022 Midterm Election MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, November 05, 2022, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

The Wyoming Republican Committee voted symbolically to expel her from the part.

OttoVonBismarck

In past eras such rebellion as this would be severely punished, stripping of all committee assignments, a guarantee that the GOP campaign arm would support primary challengers in the next election etc. But such a narrow GOP majority makes "revenge" fairly impossible for McCarthy, although I have little doubt he would love to hit back at these people after the last week.

mongers

Those clowns look like their planning on making the 2023 US congressional year as bad as the UK's 2022 parliamentary year. :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 09, 2023, 08:24:29 PMGonna be a fun two (or more) years.
https://twitter.com/RepGosar/status/1611781401099268096

Why the fuck? It has been over two years and I have no idea what fantasy world that dude lives in.

China? Pelosi? Some random General? This is such brand new conspiracy stuff. Do the Republicans even agree what conspiracy they are supposed to be exposing in this investigation?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Ah well at least the rules package was passed and it isn't too radically different from shit we have seen in the past.

Looking forward to the endless Hunter Biden and Nancy Pelosi investigations. Or China. Or random generals.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Hopefully voters remember that even a vote for "moderate" Republicans for House or Senate seats enables and empowers the lunatics.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 09, 2023, 10:11:09 PMHopefully voters remember that even a vote for "moderate" Republicans for House or Senate seats enables and empowers the lunatics.

Except in a primary.

The Larch

Next front for the culture wars... to be able to smoke in the workplace again?

QuoteRepublicans Bring Back Smoke-Filled Rooms on Capitol Hill

Members of Congress are permitted to smoke in their offices

celedhring

Seems like the natural extension of the rolling coal culture.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 15, 2023, 01:50:32 PMSeems like the natural extension of the rolling coal culture.

How long do you give it until our nutters pick it up?

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on January 15, 2023, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 15, 2023, 01:50:32 PMSeems like the natural extension of the rolling coal culture.

How long do you give it until our nutters pick it up?

20 more twitter posts, 50 at the outside.

So say next Tuesday afternoon.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

George Santos stole 3,000 dollars from a dying dog.  That's pretty low, even for a Republican.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 18, 2023, 07:03:11 PMGeorge Santos stole 3,000 dollars from a dying dog.  That's pretty low, even for a Republican.
Don't worry, it just came out that he was a drag performer when he was young in Brazil, so they'll probably kick him out over that. It's not what they should kick him out for, but he'll be out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point