News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most Emotional Movie or TV Scene

Started by Admiral Yi, October 15, 2022, 10:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on October 30, 2022, 02:41:08 AMRelated, but myself I find it very difficult to feel emotion for stuff that happens onscreen - I'm just too aware a movie is a creation, it's not "real". I get intellectual enjoyment and entertainment (which I guess are emotions too), but the kind of empathic "emotion" for what the characters are experiencing, which is probably what we're talking about here, has always been difficult.
The exception is when it's something that directly speaks to my own experience or fears (that is why the opening of Up! is so damn effective for me).
It also works with real stories, or stories set around real events (like movies depicting the Holocaust).

How does that work for you?

Definitely. Since I've had kids stuff with kids suffering hits a lot harder than it once did.

Its always traditionally been the case that people suffering on TV doesn't impact me at all, I know they're actors, I know there's nothing up, but an animal suffering seems so much more real and does hit me, even when its a cartoon. I may be softening with age however; perhaps a result of having more worthy human relationships, more experience with people rather than just animals dying, etc....?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on October 15, 2022, 04:11:06 PMThe girl in the red jacket in Schindler's List.

This. Any scene with both children and the holocaust is brutal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

In the Pale Moonlight from DS9.

Sisko's struggling with the awful things he is a part of.
PDH!