Pronunciations that irrationally trigger you

Started by Josquius, October 03, 2022, 12:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

One more thing to add to the list - people who say Canader.  You got the first two a's right, no reason to go all crazy at the end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Why would adding "ar" in front of "kansas" turn "zas" into "saw"?  What a country!

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 11, 2022, 01:22:17 PMOne more thing to add to the list - people who say Canader.  You got the first two a's right, no reason to go all crazy at the end.

That's just a portmanteau of "Canadian" and "hoser."  Let's see how many get that reference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2022, 07:36:14 PMWhy would adding "ar" in front of "kansas" turn "zas" into "saw"?  What a country!

Just bloody anarchy.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2022, 07:36:14 PMWhy would adding "ar" in front of "kansas" turn "zas" into "saw"?  What a country!

Are you confusion?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Silent "t".

rustle
hustle
listen
glisten
soften
often

One of these, everyone gets wrong.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Heard one today that reminded me.  Bagel pronounced bag-el rather then bay-gul.  Have a friend who does this. I want to stab him in the throat but am too polite :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 13, 2022, 01:42:50 AMSilent "t".

rustle
hustle
listen
glisten
soften
often

One of these, everyone gets wrong.  :P

I often hear that error as well.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.