News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iranian Protests

Started by Jacob, September 20, 2022, 12:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Larch on December 04, 2022, 12:44:53 PMI've just read that the morality police will be disbanded and that the Iranian judiciary is trying to distance themselves from it.

saw that too, don't think it'll douse the fires

Solmyr

Could be a sign that the regime is showing some cracks under pressure. Hopefully more and more.

Josquius

I'm very surprised it seems to be heading towards compromise.
After China did the same too.
The world seems to be broken. Albeit for the better for once.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

The Iranian state TV appears to be denying those reports.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 04, 2022, 03:09:00 PMThe Iranian state TV appears to be denying those reports.

That would an odd thing to do if they were trying to quell the protests by taking a soft line.

I didn't think they would be able to take a soft line without freaking out their core supporters. Kind of interesting either if they did or if a rumor started that they did for some reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Ehh, I'm not seeing them denying it. State TV are the ones who broke the story that it was disbanded, including comments from the Iranian Attorney General. Then a regime lawmaker also echoed those comments. Then a few local (but still government ran) news outlets in Iran appear to be saying that this was "misinterpreted." Something announced on national TV by the Attorney General I think would need a pretty unambiguous public reversal, otherwise it seems more like just a lack of coordination inside the government than anything.

Josquius

Shades of East germany announcing immediate free travel?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

The morality police may be disbanded, but that does not mean the sanctions against immorality are.

Iran, MP Jalali: "The bank accounts of unveiled women will be blocked"
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.