1 (4%)
7 (28%)
2 (8%)
4 (16%)
2 (8%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2022, 04:46:59 PMWhat is the Sweden Democrats position on immigration?  Mass expulsions?  Some reduction?  Mandatory language/assimilation classes?  Cutting benefits?

How significant is the skinhead faction?
According to the Guardian they only scrapped references to "inherited essence" in their 2019 manifesto and from what I see have fairly regular purges of really, really Nazi members.
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

The core of the party, joined back in the late 90's when it was a nazi party. They clearly understood that as nazis they didn't have a chance so they cleaned up, kicked out the skinheads and purged the ones that couldn't pretend to not be nazis.

As they grew a lot of non-nazis joined along the way and nowadays the rank and file of the party are generally not nazis and many of the not even racists. Still run by the same core though.

There have been a lot of scandals along the way with some members doing the normal skinhead thing or accidentally saying something that was recorded.

So I would say that the party is still run by people with very nazi or very racist opinions, but they have cleaned up and pretend to not be. Their leader since the late 90's is very slick and very sympathetic and has a way with words and makes them seem sensible. Without him they would probably be much smaller. There is no skinhead fraction at all, they've been kicked out and a replacement nazi party has been created that hate the Sweden Democrats and think them weak.

We should also keep in mind that Swedish immigration policy has been extremely badly run for 30-40 years or so. Very lax rules for immigrating here and very generous welfare systems has created large ghettoes in the cities where mostly Arabic and African immigrants live rather bleak and hopeless lives. No chance of a real job, lots of crime and lots of poverty. No criticism of this could be voiced and any mainstream politician that said anything was branded as a racist by the press and other politicians and more or less damnatio memoriaed. The whole subject was taboo until SD grew to big to ignore and they grew that big out of frustration with the mainstream parties.

SD ran in this election on stricter immigration policys, we should go to the absolute minimum that EU allows, stricter demands for citizenship, they want language tests, stricter family immigration, to make Sweden less attractive for culturally burdening immigration (quoting from their stuff here), modern surveillance and DNA tests to make repatriation more effective, create incentives for repatriation, self-sufficiency a requirement for citizenship, border controls...

In other policys they normally go a bit populist and go for more or less social democratic policys. They know that it's the working class that vote for them and they behave accordingly. They are not afraid to change their minds, like on Nato for example, if it's a popular issue.

A lot of their stuff on immigration actually makes sense and reform is necessary, the moderates, christian democrats and social democrats have all jumped on to the band wagon. Our prime minister said a week or so ago that we don't want any more somalitowns for example.

If parties were individuals I would say that SD is the nice and friendly sociopath that secretly sits at home masturbating furiously to the first half of Schindlers list.

The Brain

Immigration has never been an important political issue for me, so it has been quite disconcerting the past decades to see every single party making it their top issue. This obsession has stood in the way of important work on other issues.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

QuoteAs they grew a lot of non-nazis joined along the way and nowadays the rank and file of the party are generally not nazis and many of the not even racists. Still run by the same core though.

Yet they do have little problem being in a nazi party with nazis.
Honestly I think I prefer nazis to this sort.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Quote from: Josquius on September 13, 2022, 03:20:38 AM
QuoteAs they grew a lot of non-nazis joined along the way and nowadays the rank and file of the party are generally not nazis and many of the not even racists. Still run by the same core though.

Yet they do have little problem being in a nazi party with nazis.
Honestly I think I prefer nazis to this sort.

The perceived need to get the immigrants out is greater than the fear of nazis and since the established parties ignored the issue only SD was left to join...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on September 12, 2022, 05:32:46 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2022, 05:12:12 PMThe Social Democrats are the Nazis, and they got 30% of the vote?

No, the Sweden Democrats are the Nazis and they got 20% of the vote.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

The Brain

No final result yet. It's still very close between the blocks.

The Brain

Soc Dem leader Andersson will resign as PM tomorrow. Almost all votes are counted and the other block has won. Now we'll see if they can form a government or not...

Threviel

The new government has been decided. A coalition of the conservative Moderate party and Christian party together with one of the two liberal parties will form a government supported by the populist/nationalist/nazi party.

Zanza

Do you think they will actually be able to do anything against clan criminality etc.?

Jacob

Quote from: Threviel on October 14, 2022, 07:18:54 AMThe new government has been decided. A coalition of the conservative Moderate party and Christian party together with one of the two liberal parties will form a government supported by the populist/nationalist/nazi party.

How do you feel about this gov't?

Threviel

Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2022, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: Threviel on October 14, 2022, 07:18:54 AMThe new government has been decided. A coalition of the conservative Moderate party and Christian party together with one of the two liberal parties will form a government supported by the populist/nationalist/nazi party.

How do you feel about this gov't?

I voted for the moderates, mostly out of old habit and the realisation that it's either a communist-backed government or a nazi-backed government.

I would probably do the same again, but only because I see the other side as worse.

The new governments stance on how to fight crime and how to handle immigration disgusts me and at least the crime part will be counter-productive and cause a lot of bad shit.