News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

KOTOR is getting a remake

Started by viper37, September 10, 2021, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I guess this may be a case of a studio, specialized on porting games, biting off more than they could chew.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

I know nothing about this specific game or this specific studio, but this kind of thing sits right in my professional wheelhouse. All I can say is that AAA development is hard, development expectations and processes are not always realistic, and that there currently is a very high demand for dev talent - there are more projects to be developed than competent, reputable teams.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Jacob on July 28, 2022, 10:56:19 AMI know nothing about this specific game or this specific studio, but this kind of thing sits right in my professional wheelhouse. All I can say is that AAA development is hard, development expectations and processes are not always realistic, and that there currently is a very high demand for dev talent - there are more projects to be developed than competent, reputable teams.
That's why reputable, competent teams aren't always used.
PDH!

crazy canuck

Time to change the name of this thread?

Valmy

It is kind of funny considering how popular and beloved the KOTOR series was that it has been pretty much completely ignored and abandoned by Disney while they pump out trash all over the place.

Probably a blessing. We didn't need a remake.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2022, 05:51:05 PMProbably a blessing. We didn't need a remake.

it wasn't much of a remake apparently, it was more of an upscaling to modern graphics.  A bit disappointed in that too, as I'd prefer an expanded story line that include the cut content (there was some too from Kotor 1, just much less than Kotor II) and an upgrade to some game mechanics.  More in the line of Age of Empires Definitive Editions series than Blizzard's remakes of Starcraft and Warcraft that included all the original bugs so as not to disturb competitive gameplay :rolleyes:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring