News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

John Company 2nd Edition

Started by bogh, July 27, 2022, 06:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Anyone else backed this? I am back at work early from holidays, doing nothing at all and decided to watch the unboxing video that Wehrle posted to the Kickstarter page a while back. He goes through all of the thinking and design principles used in the component design, which is really amazing.

Well worth a watch - and I am officially excited about my order!

https://youtu.be/deteM3wytT0

Oexmelin

Backed it. Plan to use it for teaching purposes.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Berkut

One of thje best game to come out in the last several years
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

bogh

Quote from: Berkut on July 29, 2022, 06:23:45 PMOne of thje best game to come out in the last several years

I think 2nd edition is changed pretty significantly. I assume you only tried the 1st edition?

Berkut

Quote from: bogh on July 30, 2022, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 29, 2022, 06:23:45 PMOne of thje best game to come out in the last several years

I think 2nd edition is changed pretty significantly. I assume you only tried the 1st edition?
Yep. Cannot wait for the new version to arrive....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Backed it the hour it went up on KS. I'm a die-hard of the first edition (having played it probably close to 50 times) and absolutely love the changes that were made in the 2nd ed. My only regret is that it didn't show up in time for the recently-completed WBC this year.

I'll be looking to see if I can organize a play-by-Languish game of it some time after release.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien