How Many Streaming Services Do You Subscribe To?

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2022, 02:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I have Amazon Prime, Netflix and HBO Max and rarely watch any of them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Netflix and prime. If there is a specific show we want to watch we will give one of the others a spin for a month or two.

Rex Francorum

Netflix (but I don't stay subscribed all year)

Sometimes Amazon Prime

Had Disney for a few months

Had HBO for 2 months. It is too expensive since you need buy a Crave plan to be able to get HBO in Canada.

Had NFL network for a bit too.
To rent

Sheilbh

Amazon Prime (I already have and use Prime a fair bit for the deliveries so this one seems like a perk).
Now TV - basically streaming Sky. It has HBO shows in the UK plus  I subscribe to the cinema and sports channels (on and off a bit with this one).
Disney - only recently got this so catching up with some stuff I missed.
Mubi - because I'm a ponce.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Amazon Prime
Apple+
Disney (currently on my free one year)
Netflix
NOW TV

I wouldn't have Now TV given the price but my husband pays for that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Solmyr

Netflix, Disney+, and HBO Max. The last one changed here from HBO Nordic a year ago, and at that time they offered a permanent 50% reduction of the monthly fee for new subscribers (as long as they stay subscribed), so I just subscribed with a new e-mail. :D

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2022, 09:24:03 AMAmazon Prime (I already have and use Prime a fair bit for the deliveries so this one seems like a perk).
Now TV - basically streaming Sky. It has HBO shows in the UK plus  I subscribe to the cinema and sports channels (on and off a bit with this one).

And you wonder why you can't afford a flat.
#avocadotoast

:p
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2022, 09:24:03 AMAmazon Prime (I already have and use Prime a fair bit for the deliveries so this one seems like a perk).
Mubi- because I'm a ponce.

Mubi has actually the best selection, arthouse-wise and not just that. I remember when they had their John Woo HK action month.  :P (Any news from Savonarola by the way?)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on July 23, 2022, 01:05:40 PM

And you wonder why you can't afford a flat.
#avocadotoast

:p
:lol: This is actually fair - I am the one millennial who genuinely can't afford a flat because I spend too much on subscriptions, and eating out, and coffee, and holidays  :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point