How Many Streaming Services Do You Subscribe To?

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2022, 02:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Currently:

Netflix
HBO
Disney+
Prime Video (but that's because if comes with Amazon Prime)
Filmin (local platform specialized in arthouse/European cinema)

Also, from time to time I will subscribe to something like Apple for 1-2 months and binge the shows I like from there.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 22, 2022, 02:11:34 AMCurrently:

Netflix
HBO
Disney+
Prime Video (but that's because if comes with Amazon Prime)
Filmin (local platform specialized in arthouse/European cinema)

Also, from time to time I will subscribe to something like Apple for 1-2 months and binge the shows I like from there.

HBO are part of Sky here. Sky is on the pricier side of things, at 19.99, bringing a bundle of linear TV channels and on demand content. They also offer sports + linear TV for the same price, or a combo for 34.99 (but if you want to see ALL of Champions League or Bundesliga, you will need to add a DAZN sub, because broadcast rights for those are shared between Sky and DAZN).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Josquius

Netflix and for the moment until I finish 2 shows I'm paying for apple, my trial having ended.
I have access to a Disney and amazon account from my family though.

I've been thinking of cancelling Netflix or setting up a share with my sister too.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

celedhring

So, not counting Prime Video, I just ran the math and I spend 35€/month on streaming. I could just pay for a lower Netflix tier, but I let my parents use my accounts, too.

Duque de Bragança

None, though I had Amazon Prime for a while when it was free.

Grey Fox

Shared Netflix
Disney+ with Star (Hulu for international audiences)
Amazon Prime
Youtube Music Premium family plan
Xbox Gamepass Ultimate
RDS Direct (sports)

I have a Apple TV+ 3 months code that I have yet to activate.

Also use other Quebec services but I use those without a paid sub.
Ici Tou.tv
Tele-Quebec
TVA+
TV5\Unis
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

OttoVonBismarck

I just recently trimmed a bunch, before the trimming I had:

Netflix
HBO
Paramount+
Hulu+
Peacock
ESPN+
Disney+
AMC+
Amazon Prime
PBS Masterpiece
Starz

After the trimming I have:

Amazon Prime (note this is mostly for the non-video benefits)
Disney+ Bundle (before I had three separate subscriptions Disney / Hulu / ESPN+, you can apparently bundle them all as one, which I was unaware of until I recently)

The way I ended up with so many services was fairly simple...I'd be bored, look for something to watch, and I'd have the option to either buy the series outright for say $20 on Amazon video, or I could subscribe to a new streaming channel for a 14 day free trial and $7.99/mo. I'd always just subscribe, and figure I don't use the new service I'd cancel after I finish watching whatever show it was. Of course I would just forget to do that. Eventually you end up with a bunch of these services you aren't using. The subscription model is great for the companies because set and forget it customers like me who don't watch their finances down to the penny can have subscriptions running for years that they never use.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.