News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Alternate History Time!

Started by Razgovory, July 18, 2022, 06:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I have been watching the Trump hearings and I wonder what would have happened if some other choices were made in the run up to the riot.  Each of these scenarios were considered by Trump in the days and weeks before the riot.

What if Pence caved to Trump's pressure and attempted to reject the electoral college count?

What if Trump went down to the Capitol himself and was part of the mob?

What If Trump fired the acting AG and installed someone who would send letters to the states falsely claiming irregularities?

And the big one: What if Trump did as Flynn and Powell told him and sent the military out to cease voting machines and installed Sydney Powell as a Special Prosecutor for election fraud?

If YOU (yes YOU!) can think of another interesting scenario by all means, share with the rest of the class.

NOTE: This is an antless thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I don't know and I never want to find out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Ok, let's give this a shot:

QuoteWhat if Pence caved to Trump's pressure and attempted to reject the electoral college count?

Ultimately pointless shenanigans and theatrics, might give grief for a while but ultimately wouldn't prevent Biden from taking office.

QuoteWhat if Trump went down to the Capitol himself and was part of the mob?

Depends on what he gets caught on camera doing or saying, but would get him indicted pretty fast, I guess (unless he's got inmunity?). If Capitol police gets cold feet about acting because of his presence it could have gotten things to turn ugly (or at least uglier than they were).

QuoteWhat If Trump fired the acting AG and installed someone who would send letters to the states falsely claiming irregularities?

This might be the most damaging one, I think. There's the chance of some of the states going along, putting the election results in jeopardy. Maybe it'd end up going to the Supreme Court?

QuoteWhat if Trump did as Flynn and Powell told him and sent the military out to cease voting machines and installed Sydney Powell as a Special Prosecutor for election fraud?

I want to think that most military officers would refuse those orders.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

Not a popular idea to contemplate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017