News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sims 3 AAR - A Redneck Tale

Started by Solmyr, July 23, 2009, 02:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

This is a family of rednecks I created in Sims 3, with the intention of letting them mostly fend for themselves and seeing how they do. I exercise only minimal amount of direct control over them to do things that they won't normally do (like repairing broken items).

First, family introductions.

This is Grandpa Jebediah. He is a senile, insane, childish old man who often acts inappropriately and eats like a slob.

This is Grandma Susy Mae. She is the person who tries to keep the household clean and supplied with food (usually). Because this is an enormous task, she is often grumpy and absent-minded. She also couldn't be woken from her sleep by an erupting volcano.

This is Zeke, older son of Jebediah and Susy Mae. He is good with his hands - if he ever gets off the couch. Usually he gets off only to mooch food from friends and neighbors.

This is Uncle Jethro, younger son of Jebediah and Susy Mae. He is a mean, nasty man with absolutely no sense of humor and a propensity to steal things. In his free time he enjoys making plans for world domination.

This is Betty Jane, Zeke's wife. She is neurotic and overly emotional woman who hates spending money and prefers to mooch for food from her neighbors. She considers herself to be a better class of person and looks down on lesser beings.

This is Jackson, teenage son of Zeke and Betty Jane. He is a total loser, cowardly, clumsy, and unlucky. He tends to have "bathroom accidents" at school and regularly gets beaten up.

This is Mary Sue, teenage daughter of Zeke and Betty Jane. She is a complete skank who has flirted with and kissed every boy in her class, not being able to settle on just one boyfriend. She loves partying and having a good time.

And finally Lee, the newest addition to the family, the toddler son of Zeke and Betty Jane. We don't know what he will be like yet (well I do since I rolled up his traits randomly). Hopefully someone will bother to potty train him.

Solmyr

It is Sunday. Here's the family trailer house, in the town of Riverview near the water tower. It's pretty crappy and filled with the cheapest possible stuff.

As the family admire their home, Grandpa decides that it's a good time to work out while watching the Sports Channel.

Mindful of his hygiene, he brushes his teeth afterwards.

Then he takes a sponge bath in the bathroom.

Satisfied, he checks himself out in the mirror while Zeke is already on the couch watching TV.

Meanwhile, Mary Sue has been talking to Uncle Jethro and listening to his so-called jokes. The result:

Uh-oh, looks like Grandpa has been working out too hard! His stomach doesn't feel good.

Somewhat upset, he decides to get the fun back by scaring his grandson.

His relationship with his younger grandson seems to be better, although the toddler looks somewhat worried...

After Betty Jane eats some cereal, Grandpa helps keep the dishes clean.

Meanwhile, Grandma has been waiting for him in the bedroom. They decide to... well, the code name for it in this game is WooHoo. I suggest you don't dwell on the details.

Some time later, Mary Sue talks to Grandpa. She obviously understands his language.

Not happy with eating crappy fast food, Mary Sue gets into cooking, making some mac and cheese. The family appreciates it.

Except for Jackson, who apparently doesn't like his sister's cooking and makes some salad himself. Amazingly, it doesn't explode in his face.

Evening meal thus finished, the family settles in to sleep.

Syt

Check sexysims2.com; they have a mod that allows for teenage preganancy and family relations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

When I started a game with mulitple sims they never seemed to figure out where their beds were.  Instead they tended to piss themselves and then sleep in the puddle.  They were a filthy people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2009, 02:03:49 PM
Check sexysims2.com; they have a mod that allows for teenage preganancy and family relations.

Game is out for barely a month and there are already penis mods for it?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

I demand a Languish AAR with me in it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on July 23, 2009, 03:25:22 PM

Does Sims 3 even have barnyard animals?

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 23, 2009, 10:25:56 PM

It's OK. SimBrain can be frustrated. Lord knows I am.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 23, 2009, 10:25:56 PM

Wait for an expansion pack. :P

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on July 23, 2009, 11:48:17 PM
I want this game BAD. :mmm:
:nelson:

Princesca ran out and bought it, and predictably is already bored with it.  I'll probably borrow it from her in a week or two, get bored with it in a few days, and return it.  The Sims is one of those things that is neat conceptually but ultimately makes a crappy game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alcibiades

You can return used pc games?

Oh yeah and : Cheapo!    :weep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain