Hot dogs should carry a warning label, lawsuit says

Started by Savonarola, July 23, 2009, 01:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on July 23, 2009, 02:30:09 PM
Where's the "do not insert into bodily orifices except for purposes of consumption" label?

Sticking a sausage up your arse does not give you cancer. I know..er...read about that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

charliebear

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 02:50:56 PM
Quote from: charliebear on July 23, 2009, 01:45:27 PM
What about bacon?  Somebody should warn Caliga.
Nothing that tastes that good could possibly be bad.  :mad:

:hug:  There, there.  It's ok. 

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on July 23, 2009, 02:54:11 PM
Where's the "do not insert into bodily orifices except for purposes of consumption" label?

Sticking a sausage up your arse does not give you cancer. I know..er...read about that.

I wonder how much one would have to pay someone to be part of *that* clinical trial.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on July 23, 2009, 02:54:11 PM

[/quote

Actually, that's the most common cause of colon cancer.

Oh you meant an actual sausage.

saskganesh

doesn't need a warning label, just needs accurate labelling.

and a strong USDA/FDA meat inspection program.

do you yanks know that USDA inspects Canadian meat packers because of trade agreements? according to published documents on their website, they routinely find stuff our CFIA doesn't... it's pretty funny we have to rely on a foreign government for food safety.

humans were created in their own image

Neil

Does anyone actually care about cancer anymore?  I mean, really, every food, activity and lack thereof known to man causes cancer, so why spend the lifespan worrying about it?  Either you get it, or you don't.  There is absolutely nothing you can do to reduce your risk or avoid it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 11:55:56 AM
Does anyone actually care about cancer anymore?  I mean, really, every food, activity and lack thereof known to man causes cancer, so why spend the lifespan worrying about it?  Either you get it, or you don't.  There is absolutely nothing you can do to reduce your risk or avoid it.
You can not be black.  That apparently helps reduce the risk quite a bit :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

charliebear

Just got back from the grocery store.  I had a hankering for hot dogs.  Also picked up some whole wheat buns.

Josephus

Totally agree with Neil on this.

I'm worried that I'm agreeing with Neil too much of late :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on July 24, 2009, 01:40:58 PM

Totally agree with Neil on this.

I'm worried that I'm agreeing with Neil too much of late :huh:
You know, I am rather famous for my wisdom.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 11:56:53 AM
You can not be black.  That apparently helps reduce the risk quite a bit :ph34r:

I think I'm going to die of a disease. I've a pre-disposition on one or both sides to pretty much everything. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.