Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Started by OttoVonBismarck, May 02, 2022, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on July 14, 2022, 04:50:35 PM
QuoteTexas sues Biden administration over federal rules that require abortions be provided in medical emergencies to save life of mother

Wat? So in Texas they want to gamble on a woman's life in case of a life threatening pregnancy?
all life is sacred. from conception to birth.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

QuoteTexas sues Biden administration over federal rules that require abortions be provided in medical emergencies to save life of mother

Wat? So in Texas they want to gamble on a woman's life in case of a life threatening pregnancy?

Well that and Biden is doing it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2022, 12:17:39 PM

Biden is doing what?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2022, 12:18:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2022, 12:17:39 PM

Biden is doing what?

Something. Fuck Joe Biden and all that.

Abbott rose to power by suing Obama over everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Alito has gone completely off the rails now, giving political speeches attacking and mocking leaders of US allied nations.
Looking more and more like he is or should be Suspect 1 in Supreme Court LeakGate.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 29, 2022, 10:29:18 AMAlito has gone completely off the rails now, giving political speeches attacking and mocking leaders of US allied nations.
Looking more and more like he is or should be Suspect 1 in Supreme Court LeakGate.

I guess we don't have to worry about the court being politicized.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Extraordinary that in a court with Ginny Thomas' husband on it, that he's not the most politicised :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 29, 2022, 10:29:18 AMAlito has gone completely off the rails now, giving political speeches attacking and mocking leaders of US allied nations.

What did he say? Who did he mock?

grumbler

He mocked BoJo directly and pretty much all of the European leaders collectively because he was butthurt that they didn't find his legal reasoning to be dazzling. His face isn't as punchable as FratBoy's, but it's up there.  Why are conservative justices so whiney?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on July 29, 2022, 06:33:18 PMHe mocked BoJo directly and pretty much all of the European leaders collectively because he was butthurt that they didn't find his legal reasoning to be dazzling. His face isn't as punchable as FratBoy's, but it's up there.  Why are conservative justices so whiney?

YOU LIE!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on July 29, 2022, 06:33:18 PMHe mocked BoJo directly and pretty much all of the European leaders collectively because he was butthurt that they didn't find his legal reasoning to be dazzling. His face isn't as punchable as FratBoy's, but it's up there.  Why are conservative justices so whiney?

What does he care about the opinions of world leaders? Isn't he supposed to be only concerned about the purity of his bodily fluids the US Constitution?

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2022, 08:34:16 AM

What does he care about the opinions of world leaders? Isn't he supposed to be only concerned about the purity of his bodily fluids the US Constitution?

He was speaking at a conference in Rome.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2022, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2022, 08:34:16 AM

He was speaking at a conference in Rome.

A closet globalist, I see...  :ph34r:

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2022, 09:01:45 AMA closet globalist, I see...  :ph34r:

Only to the extent that the most conservative wing of the Catholic Church is secretly globalist.  It's more of an international tragic victims conference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on July 30, 2022, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2022, 09:01:45 AMA closet globalist, I see...  :ph34r:

Only to the extent that the most conservative wing of the Catholic Church is secretly globalist.  It's more of an international tragic victims conference.

Well, you can't really get more global than the Catholic church, so... :pope: