News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Tech Dystopia Thread

Started by Sheilbh, April 13, 2022, 04:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 28, 2022, 08:24:12 AMAll self checkout I've seen here have weighters(:hmm:)

Walmart, grocery stores & dollar stores.

None of my local ones that I use do. Though, I've come across some in the past... and it's annoying enough that I stop using the self-checkout terminals in those places (or stop going to the store altogether, depending on the convenience of alternatives).

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on April 28, 2022, 06:52:35 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2022, 06:39:49 AMInterestingly my place gives you a "skip bagging" option that turns off the weighing.
I thought I'd discovered a hack with that. But here it just blocks you and calls an attendant after a few items doing it.

Most annoying thing about self-bagging at my local Safeway:

They stopped using disposable plastic bags about a year ago.  They encourage you to bring re-usable bags.

But the moment you put a disposable bag on the scale it sets the scale off.  You can hit a "I'm using my own bag" button but that then requires a clerk to check.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

The local markets here have all dropped the weight thing.  Thank Hod.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!