DNA Sequencing Megathread! Neanderthals, Denisovans and other ancient DNA!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 03, 2013, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on January 22, 2021, 09:06:52 AMA friend has pointed out my heritage has updated their estimates. Showing more regional stuff in their maps.
For me it remains pretty broad, north east england & scotland group, all ireland and scotland group, etc...
His though has one local enough to a small 20km square area in Switzerland.
Oh yeah we did that and mine is wildly Irish Sea based. Basically all the eastern bits of Ireland (Leinster and Ulster), plus Scotland and Wales. It says England and then you click on it and it actually means Isle of Man :lol:

It is very precise though - calling out specific bits of Wexford and County Down where I know I have ancestors from.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 29, 2023, 01:04:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2023, 04:06:09 PMTo all you bitches who mocked me earlier for paying for these services:  both Ancestry and 23andMe capture health markers too, and you can separately have those analyzed.  Well, my dad had me test him with Ancestry and when I analyzed his health markers via a service called Promethease, it uncovered that he has a rare disease called LG Muscular Dystrophy and that it runs in his family (I'm a carrier, as is my brother and all of our cousins), which after I let him know, he talked to his doctor about and he's now getting some sort of treatment for.  So, fuck all y'all.  Love, Cal.

Dang, Cal- glad they caught it. :console: All the forms of MD suck (my father-in-law has Becker MD that's only started progressing quickly over the last couple of years).
Thanks. :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Not DNA related, but I've had a more recent check on my family lineage.
I always had trouble finding my ancestors prior to Rouen, Normandy.

Now, someone did the work for me :)

1295, Moyaux, Normandy.  My family traveled around Normandy and eventually fled toward Saint-Claire-sur-Elle to avoid the 100 Hundred Years War and the English depredation.  So, no English DNA (ouf! ;) ).  Scandinavian DNA still a possibility due to Normandy location near Rouen.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.