What are the best kinds of niche public spending?

Started by Admiral Yi, April 02, 2022, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Cinémathèques (technically in Paris it's an association with some public funding along with some private sponsors).

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2022, 02:01:47 PMOf these, which in your opinion are the best?  If you were dictator, which of these types of projects would you spend public funds on?

I'm a big proponent of art funding by the State, so I'd promote statues of myself, like all good dictator.   :P

Seriously, I would fund history museum so they don't have to charge the full price.  I wouldn't fund art galleries or popular culture, that only leads to inflated wages while the top elements hide their fortune away in fiscal paradises.  Too much investments for too little returns.  I wouldn't fund an ultra specialized museum about some form of art for an extremely sub-niche group.

I would fund ATV & snowmobiles trails as well as cyclist tracks on the same conditions: they pay a nominal fee every year to maintain their tracks.  Won't cost as much as a car, but it will cost. They are users like everyone else and they must pay.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.