News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bruce Willis' best movies

Started by celedhring, March 31, 2022, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite Bruce Willis' movies?

Die Hard
20 (55.6%)
Die Harder
0 (0%)
Die Hard with a Vengeance
1 (2.8%)
Looper
2 (5.6%)
12 Monkeys
11 (30.6%)
Sixth Sense
2 (5.6%)
Unbreakable
2 (5.6%)
Moonrise Kingdom
0 (0%)
Sin City
0 (0%)
Pulp Fiction
12 (33.3%)
The 5th Element
10 (27.8%)
I have no taste so I'll vote Armageddon
1 (2.8%)
Other (name it)
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

celedhring

A celebration of Bruce Willis' career, the common-man action star, who also managed to make many interesting films on the side of his well-known actioners. What's your favorite film of his? Looking back at the body of his career, he had a hell of a run.

Since nearly everybody is going to vote Die Hard, I allowed 2 votes per user, to get some diversity.

For me it's Die Hard + Pulp Fiction. I also love Looper, one of the few last films that felt like blew up my brain. I used to be a huge fan of both Sixth Sense/Unbreakable, but I sort of feel they haven't aged that well (they're still outstanding films).

Josquius

Pulp Fiction is obviously great but  Bruce Willis' story is the weakest thread there.

Went 12 Monkeys. For it is awesome. 5th Element is also something special though.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Voted Fifth Element over Pulp Fiction because I don't see Pulp Fiction as "his movie."  It's Samuel L. Jackson's movie.

Admiral Yi

Woops, clicked Pulp Fiction by accident.  :hide:

The Brain

I checked his IMDB page to refresh my memory. Jesus Christ he hasn't done many memorable movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

I despise 5th element. French people should not be allowed to direct sci-fi. Just look at Alien 4 FFS.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

5th Element is awesome campy fun.

The Brain

I remember loving The Big Blue, but I don't know what I'd think if I watched it today. Generally I'm not a huge Luc Besson fan. His movies often have something good in them, but are flawed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Anyway, I went with the predictable options and picked Die Hard and Pulp Fiction, his most iconic role and his best movie.

Other movies I could have been tempted to vote for in the poll were the 3rd Die Hard, which is IMO extremely good (but the McLane vote has to go for the 1st one), 6th Sense for a much more understated performance in which he gets to surprise us all, 5th Element (as previously mentioned, awesomely campy fun) or Moonrise Kingdom (loved his role as a bit of a parody of his action film persona, with a surprisingly soft side).

I'd have included Death Becomes Her in the poll as well, for a show of his comedy chops. The Whole Nine Yards is also quite fun, but not that much.

Agelastus

I shall show my lack of taste by voting for "Red" as the second choice on the poll after "Die Hard".

Other choice from the list might have been 12 Monkeys but its been a long time since I've seen it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

12 Monkeys and Fifth Element. Two of my favourite films.

And Tamas is a philistine :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Die Hard and Fifth Element. Well, maybe not best, but definitely favorite in case of 5E. Not sure how much acting was involved in that, or if Willis just ran with his normal persona reacting to the ridiculousness of the movie. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Die Hard and 5th Element, yup.  Those movies wouldn't have been as good as they were without him.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.