Would Jordan have beaten the Rockets in 94 and 95?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 23, 2022, 03:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bulls with Jordan would have won in 94, lost in 95.

The Bulls with Jordan would have lost in 94, won in 95.
0 (0%)
The Bulls with Jordan would have won in both 94 & 95
3 (42.9%)
The Bulls with Jordan would have lost in both 94 & 95
2 (28.6%)
This is the dumbest fucking poll I've pulled out of my Aspie ass since the last one
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

jimmy olsen

Suppose Jordan hadn't been exiled to baseball for gambling, would the Bulls have beaten the Rockets in 1994 and 1995?

EDIT: What happened to my poll? The 2nd option was "The Bulls with Jordan would have won in 94, lost in 95.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I'm going off very vague childhoold memories and the Last Dance documentary, but I think Jordan was pretty jaded after the first threepeat and baseball kinda allowed him to recharge. Plus no Rodman. So I think they lose both years.

Pity we never goot a Hakeem vs Jordan finals though.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Yeah, it's not like jordan has a well documented gambling problem. It's not like he has memorable incidents of losing 5 million playing craps on one Vegas trip, or being investigated for writing a 50k cheque to a drug dealer for gambling debts... oh wait.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 23, 2022, 01:13:13 PMYeah, it's not like jordan has a well documented gambling problem. It's not like he has memorable incidents of losing 5 million playing craps on one Vegas trip, or being investigated for writing a 50k cheque to a drug dealer for gambling debts... oh wait.

Read the article.  All of that is acknowledged.

What is lacking though is any evidence the NBA forced him to take a break.  On the contrary, in 1993 Jordan was a white-hot star in the NBA - the league would wan to do everything in its power to keep him.  Or that when Jordan became part-owner of Charlotte he was immediately welcomed with open arms.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2022, 03:54:41 AMSuppose Jordan hadn't been exiled to baseball for gambling, would the Bulls have beaten the Rockets in 1994 and 1995?

The man's father is murdered a couple months before the '93 season, and you pull out the gambling bullshit.

I hope you get gored in the fucking forehead with a Pamplona Bull, you fucking mutt.

alfred russel

What is Mike Ditka's role in these hypothetical games? Would he play or coach for either of the teams?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2022, 01:33:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2022, 03:54:41 AMSuppose Jordan hadn't been exiled to baseball for gambling, would the Bulls have beaten the Rockets in 1994 and 1995?

The man's father is murdered a couple months before the '93 season, and you pull out the gambling bullshit.

I hope you get gored in the fucking forehead with a Pamplona Bull, you fucking mutt.

This

If Jordan had played it would likely have been a disaster for him and the team.  He was destroyed by his father's death and the bullshit which ensued (and still is reflected in the OP).  He needed the break and because of the break was able to win another three championships.