The Wordle thread

Started by Barrister, March 15, 2022, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Wordle 269 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Okay everyone, paste your wordle scores here.

Why yes, I did wait until I had a good result before starting this.  Why did you ask?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Like this?

Wordle 269 2/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PRC

Wordle 269 2/6

🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Barrister

Quote from: frunk on March 15, 2022, 02:05:39 PMLike this?

Wordle 269 2/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nice...

Berkut

I played it a bit but got bored when I realized the game is actually insanely easy. In fact, it would be hard to actually fail.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maladict

Wordle 269 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Unlucky

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2022, 02:28:54 PMI played it a bit but got bored when I realized the game is actually insanely easy. In fact, it would be hard to actually fail.

It depends on what your goal is.  If it's just to get it correctly within 6 you are right it's pretty easy.  If the goal is to get it in as few guesses as possible then it is harder.  In addition if you play on hard mode (all guesses must match previous information) it becomes much harder.  At that point failure is possible (although still not likely).  You might find the two videos by 3 Blue 1 Brown on it interesting.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2022, 02:28:54 PMI played it a bit but got bored when I realized the game is actually insanely easy. In fact, it would be hard to actually fail.

I have failed a couple of times.  It's entirely possible it's because I'm not that smart.

Where it can get very tricky is where you get a sequence of words that by changing only one letter you can get multiple different words.

March 11 was WATCH - I failed on this one.  You could just as easily have CATCH PATCH LATCH MATCH and HATCH.  So depending on what letters you have ruled out earlier on you're just stuck guessing each of the remaining possibilities once you get the _ATCH part.

I've also failed where I get frustrated.  If I have 3 letters but I can't think of any possible words using those letters, I'll make a guess using a word with a letter already ruled out.  But that isn't very optimal and soon you're on your 5th or 6th guess.

Finally, there's also Hard Mode is you want - once you get a letter you have to use it in every subsequent guess.  I've been using the same 2 words to start each time: PRICE and STAND, because that knocks off 10 pretty common letters.  But in Hard Mode if you get, I dunno, _R___, then every one of your guesses has to have R as the second letter.

Barrister

Finally, it's more the social aspect of it.  I mean if I just want to do word puzzles I'm sure there are thousands of them out there.

But Wordle forces you to all do the same word at the same time, and gives you a handy little sharing tool to compare notes with your friends without giving the word away.  My wife and I have been texting each other our Wordle scores for the last week or so -it's been fun.

And the reason why I thought a Languish Wordle thread might work.

garbon

I gave up on wordle after I missed it once and lost my 31 day streak. I also found that while it was fun at first then it just turned into a chore so I stopped doing it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Today's puzzle:

Wordle 269 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

And here's today's Quordle:

Daily Quordle #50
7️⃣3️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2022, 03:02:01 PMMarch 11 was WATCH - I failed on this one.  You could just as easily have CATCH PATCH LATCH MATCH and HATCH.  So depending on what letters you have ruled out earlier on you're just stuck guessing each of the remaining possibilities once you get the _ATCH part.

I failed on that one, too.  <_< Same reason. I also started using the previous day's word as my starter word, which makes it a bit harder if the word is something like FOCUS.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I am just too addicted to Sudoku to play this game  :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

#Worldle #54 2/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

Guess a country based on shape.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

Quote from: merithyn on March 15, 2022, 04:16:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2022, 03:02:01 PMMarch 11 was WATCH - I failed on this one.  You could just as easily have CATCH PATCH LATCH MATCH and HATCH.  So depending on what letters you have ruled out earlier on you're just stuck guessing each of the remaining possibilities once you get the _ATCH part.

I failed on that one, too.  <_< Same reason. I also started using the previous day's word as my starter word, which makes it a bit harder if the word is something like FOCUS.

Speaking of which:

Wordle 270 X/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩