News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops: 2021-2022

Started by Berkut, February 21, 2022, 01:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well I have to say I didn't have St. Peter's
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

There went like....97% of the brackets.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

I had them going out in the second round.  I hate Kentucky and some years that works against me some years it works out just fine.

Savonarola

I always fill out a bracket for our dogs based on team names so that:  Dogs > wolves > bears > ... > weather events > cultures which look down on dogs > cultures which eat dogs > cats > varmints.  So naturally they picked the Gaels over the Wild Cats.  CB and I didn't do so well.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

@Berk How do you like your Frenchie Baller?

:D  :D  :D
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Picking Baylor was a mistake

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2022, 09:32:31 PM@Berk How do you like your Frenchie Baller?

Which one of them is French?

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on March 19, 2022, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2022, 09:32:31 PM@Berk How do you like your Frenchie Baller?

Arizona's #0 Benjamin Mathurin
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Good for Michigan. I knew they had a puncher's chance against Tennessee.

merithyn

Well both of my brackets are totally busted in the first fucking round. Thanks Baylor and Tennessee.  :mad:

That being said, not at all sad to see Michigan advance over Tennessee. :cool:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

I am happy to say I picked Michigan over Tennessee. But I also picked Baylor to go to the final four so....

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 19, 2022, 07:07:48 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 19, 2022, 06:58:55 PM

Arizona's #0 Benjamin Mathurin
I like him a lot. He is an amazing player. Probably the most talented player in the team overall 

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2022, 10:16:58 PMThat being said, not at all sad to see Michigan advance over Tennessee. :cool:

Same here.  :lol:

Not that I picked that except in my dream bracket.  That's the first time in more than a month that Michigan has won two in a row. :(

Interesting stat from that game:  Kentucky has never beaten Michigan in the NCAA tournament (in 4 tries).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

A complete and total shooting meltdown in the first half but only down 36-30 to Purdue. Hope is kept alive...barely.

Texas got it down to 74-71 with a minute left but that was that. Great first season by Chris Beard! Texas hadn't won a tournament game in almost a decade.