News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2022 thread.

Started by mongers, January 02, 2022, 10:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I've lost about 15kg since December (under 130kg! :w00t: ), but I've kinda leveled out in recent weeks out despite eating around 2000 kcal per day. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2022, 12:32:32 PMI've lost about 15kg since December (under 130kg! :w00t: ), but I've kinda leveled out in recent weeks out despite eating around 2000 kcal per day. <_<

Damn. My "maintain" calories are only 1500. :unsure:

Right now, I'm keeping to between 1000-1200/day.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

According to this calculator, leading a sedentary lifestyle, I should require ca. 2600 to maintain, and 2100 to lose weight: https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-a-day#calorie-calculator
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2022, 01:19:27 PMAccording to this calculator, leading a sedentary lifestyle, I should require ca. 2600 to maintain, and 2100 to lose weight: https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-a-day#calorie-calculator

Not questioning your counts. Just jealous.

According to that website, maintain is 1533, lose is 1242, and lose fast is 1000. :(

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Heh. Sitting in the doctor's office right now for my leg, and he's sending me for a body fat scan.  :lol:

celedhring

According to that website my maintain calories are 3100  :P

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on May 12, 2022, 01:53:57 PMAccording to that website my maintain calories are 3100  :P

:blink:

I don't think I could eat that much in two days!

mongers

Done about 320 miles on the bikes this month vs about 32 miles walking. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

celedhring

I'm on 110 kg * 10 on bench, which is actually my all time max. I don't do that much bench because most of the time I don't have a spotter available.

Anyway, slowly getting strength back in my knee. So far, so good, I'm around 2/3 of my pre-injury maxs, for stuff involving the knee  :)

Maladict

Haven't posted in this thread for ages. Had a rough time last winter keeping up with exercise. I was pretty motivated during the first two lockdowns but the last one sucked.
Been doing well since then though, just finished two 50k walks back to back over the weekend, and I feel somewhat ready to take on another 8 day death march to Switzerland two weeks from now.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2022, 01:23:51 PMHaven't posted in this thread for ages. Had a rough time last winter keeping up with exercise. I was pretty motivated during the first two lockdowns but the last one sucked.
Been doing well since then though, just finished two 50k walks back to back over the weekend, and I feel somewhat ready to take on another 8 day death march to Switzerland two weeks from now.

:cool:

Good grief Mal, that's some going; wish I could still do those sorts of distances.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Finally slimmed down back to my pre-injury weight (which is still overweight, but a little less  :lol: ).