News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2022 thread.

Started by mongers, January 02, 2022, 10:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

been a quiet couple of months for myself and this thread also!

My excuse is I buggered up some muscles in my arm and shoulder, what's yours?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Baby. Hard to get permission to go outside.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Still working out, the guy who I benched with screwed up his shoulder so now I have no spotter.  So I don't push the weight too much.  Just go up to 245 for reps of 10.  Not sure what my max is now.  Deadlifts are doing well, but still don't want to push the weight too much. Shoulder press doing much better - had to get some new work shirts to fit the shoulders.  :)

Threviel

I dislocated my shoulder practicing turns when swimming. Hurt as hell and I haven't been able to really do anything for a month or so.

merithyn

I started a new medicine last October which has helped my weight loss tremendously. I'm down 22 pounds since the end of September. Only 8 pounds to go to hit my first goal, which is my pre-COVID weight. Then, another 10 after that. Hoping to lose the eight before my trip to Mexico with my daughter.

However, it (obviously) doesn't do anything for muscle development. Now that it's nice out, I'm planning to walk more. I also have kettle bells and a rowing machine that I'm planning to put to work soon. And I'm standing/walking in place at my desk more than I'm sitting. Baby steps... baby steps.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

I'm down for a little while with a hamstring strain....shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Struggling to get a regular workout in. However, after topping at about 143kg last year ca. Dec 1st, I dropped under 130 for the first time in ages this morning. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Haven't gotten as much exercise lately. Wife was sick so I couldn't go out, then I got sick a few times and missed my workout and yoga classes, then other events came up blah blha blah.

My Yoga/HIIT class is tonight. HOpefully I won't throw up.

I have been walking a mile or two a day at least.
PDH!

celedhring

I'd add myself to the injury list: I've had a bad knee that refuses to heal (strained ligaments), for months now. However, after getting a new doc and a new treatment, it seems to finally be getting better.

Since I had to dial down my lower body exercises these past months, I've kinda overdone upper body stuff, and I'm now lifting more than ever. I'm slowly ramping up lower body, though, since my knee is finally feeling stronger.

crazy canuck

Good news Cel.

I am really trying to focus on appropriate warm up, dynamic stretching etc to avoid injury.  I am also trying for personal bests a lot less now - I am happy with staying at this level for now.  Don't want to push it too much and risk injury.

celedhring

I do that, too, it was a bit of a freak injury after I slipped at home.

merithyn

I am 12.5 pounds away from my first goal weight; 17.5 pounds from my stretch goal. I'm down 22.8 pounds since September.

That's a lot of weight for someone my size, but honestly, I'm pretty happy (for the most part) with where I'm at. I definitely still have fat to lose, but I can feel bones where I couldn't before, and my muscles are pretty well defined.

Now, if this stupid heat wave would die so I could get back out to walk/run again.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

That's awesome, Meri.

I've gained weight since my injury, but fortunately not a whole lot. Still, I'm 5 kg above my post-pandemic target weight.