News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2022 thread.

Started by mongers, January 02, 2022, 10:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just for a laugh I thought I'd start one.

Me?, I ain't doing nothing. :bowler:

edit:
Well I gave in and went for a long afternoon walk into the next county, Dorset; a round trip all of 0.98 miles. :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 02, 2022, 05:03:27 PM
Always doing something

:thumbsup:

Happen to buy a 12.75kg bag of birdseed the other day and carried it in a rucksac on the bus home, quite a weight; then it occurred to me today, I used to be able to shoulder a sac 50% more than that for 25-30 miles a day and for multiple following days; whatever happened?  :(

alfred russel

It is hard to break your body back into something in one day...carry the same weight a few days in a row and it will seem much easier than now.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

My household has taken great strides fitness-wise — not my doing, exactly!

My son has been working out a bit at the gym at school, and asked for some weights for Christmas - I decided to make it a combined present, and got a weight bench, squat rack, weights and dumbbells, all in advance of Christmas. Converted a room in the basement into a home gym.

So, for the last three weeks, we've been working out together - we spot for each other, etc. It helps a lot to work out with someone.

Hopefully this will continue and the stuff won't end up gathering dust. With gyms closing down again, having a home gym makes sense.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2022, 07:58:46 PM
My household has taken great strides fitness-wise — not my doing, exactly!

My son has been working out a bit at the gym at school, and asked for some weights for Christmas - I decided to make it a combined present, and got a weight bench, squat rack, weights and dumbbells, all in advance of Christmas. Converted a room in the basement into a home gym.

So, for the last three weeks, we've been working out together - we spot for each other, etc. It helps a lot to work out with someone.

Hopefully this will continue and the stuff won't end up gathering dust. With gyms closing down again, having a home gym makes sense.

What excellent teamwork.  :)

crazy canuck

Gyms here are closed until the 18th.  It sucks for many reasons - but most of all I was looking forward to benching with the youngest CC boy - who is back for a couple of weeks and has become quite large and strong.  It will likely be my last chance to bench more than him with him present...  :D

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2022, 12:54:51 PM
Gyms here are closed until the 18th.  It sucks for many reasons - but most of all I was looking forward to benching with the youngest CC boy - who is back for a couple of weeks and has become quite large and strong.  It will likely be my last chance to bench more than him with him present...  :D
Bench the couch at your house.
PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 05, 2022, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2022, 12:54:51 PM
Bench the couch at your house.

Too light

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

Bench the couch with your whole family on it.
PDH!

mongers

crazy canuck

Gyms opened up again - but need to make an appointment to go 25 hours in advance.  Which is ok because there is not a great demand for the 5:30 am slot.

Lost some strength in the down time.  Two plates was a bit of a challenge on the bench.

11B4V

Gyms and Movie Theaters give me the willies

Malthus

Home gym is the way to go, if you have the space.

Quite aside from COVID worries, it's so much better for me since I set it up.

I'm exercising much more regularly than when gyms were open. I can play my music loud as I like. Obviously not as big a range of equipment, but really I don't need that much. Bench for pressing, bar with a bunch of weights, squat rack, dumbbells.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius