News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead pool 2022

Started by Rex Francorum, December 27, 2021, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Ray Liotta has passed away. He was 67. RIP.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on May 26, 2022, 11:18:28 AMRay Liotta has passed away. He was 67. RIP.

Well that sucks.

A quick look at google news about his passing shows pretty much every story leads by mentioning his role in Goodfellas, despite his abundant body of work.

I guess if you're going to forever by typecast by a role in a movie, at least let it be a fantastic movie like Goodfellas.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

That sucks, no age to die.

He had a brief leading moment after Goodfellas, but most of those films were unremarkable and he just settled for a career in supporting roles. He's been in more good films that people realize. I'd say his other best roles were in Copland and Narc. He also has that "I'm eating your brain" in Hannibal.

Barrister

IMDB lists him with 126(!) acting credits, and that he is still working steadily.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000501/

Barrister

Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode has died - age 60. :(

Josephus

Alan White, drummer of Yes consistently from 1973 to the present, also died.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on May 26, 2022, 11:58:25 AMThat sucks, no age to die.

He had a brief leading moment after Goodfellas, but most of those films were unremarkable and he just settled for a career in supporting roles. He's been in more good films that people realize. I'd say his other best roles were in Copland and Narc. He also has that "I'm eating your brain" in Hannibal.

He carried the lead pretty well in that movie about the prison island with the guys wearing bamboo hats.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2022, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 26, 2022, 11:58:25 AMThat sucks, no age to die.

He carried the lead pretty well in that movie about the prison island with the guys wearing bamboo hats.
try again, this time, giving some actual, meaningful details about the plot of the movie. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2022, 07:52:35 PMtry again, this time, giving some actual, meaningful details about the plot of the movie. :P

Prison island, bamboo hats.  That's all you need if you've seen it.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2022, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2022, 07:52:35 PMtry again, this time, giving some actual, meaningful details about the plot of the movie. :P

Prison island, bamboo hats.  That's all you need if you've seen it.
Have not seen hats:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110678/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on May 26, 2022, 05:16:48 PMAlan White, drummer of Yes consistently from 1973 to the present, also died.

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Ivana Trump (Eric, Ivanka and Don Jr's mom, and Trump's first wife) has died, age 73.

Barrister

And while I would not call it happy news, but in less-sad news:

Ripudaman Singh Malik, allegedly involved in the 1985 Air India bombing that killed 331 people, was shot and killed last night in Surrey in what police described as a "targeted shooting".

Malik and 2 others were involved in a multi-year trial that concluded in 2005.  Malik was acquitted, although far from exonerated (judge found witnesses who heard Malik confess to have questionable reliability, and thus Crown didn't prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt).

HVC

Add Olivia Newton-John to the list.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.