And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead pool 2022

Started by Rex Francorum, December 27, 2021, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2022, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2022, 01:46:25 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2022, 10:47:32 AMJos, are you really sure you don't live under a rock?

Gilbert Gottfried isn't an A-lister star (more like C-D), but he's been out there for decades.  HIs biggest role was probably voicing the parrot in the original Aladdin, but chech out his wiki page - he's guest-starred (or done voice work) on tons of shows and movies over the last 40 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Gottfried

It's very easy not to know someone who does primarily voice over work.

Now when that voice is Gilbert Gottfried's!

If we had talked of Jennifer Hale, I'd knew who she is.  But some Disney animation movies and we're expected to know who he is??  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 13, 2022, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2022, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2022, 01:46:25 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2022, 10:47:32 AMJos, are you really sure you don't live under a rock?

Gilbert Gottfried isn't an A-lister star (more like C-D), but he's been out there for decades.  HIs biggest role was probably voicing the parrot in the original Aladdin, but chech out his wiki page - he's guest-starred (or done voice work) on tons of shows and movies over the last 40 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Gottfried

It's very easy not to know someone who does primarily voice over work.

Now when that voice is Gilbert Gottfried's!

If we had talked of Jennifer Hale, I'd knew who she is.  But some Disney animation movies and we're expected to know who he is??  :P

Just google him on Youtube.  I'm convinced you'll recognize the voice.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2022, 04:50:26 PMJust google him on Youtube.  I'm convinced you'll recognize the voice.

OTOH, he sounds like someone parodying someone else's voice, because he is (that's not his natural speaking voice). I'd seen some of his standup bits (only infrequently genuinely funny) but wouldn't have recognized the voice acting from the standup acting voice.  I'd have just thought that it was someone doing the same schtick.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

If you've ever watched late night TV talkshows in the 80s you would be familiar with him. He was a regular on Carson and especially Letterman.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I did like his rendition of Big Foot Erotica on Last Week Tonight a few years ago. :)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

R.I.P Mike Bossy :(

French text

One of the greatest hockey shooter of his time :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Wasn't he the first to get 50 in 50? I remember watching that game on TV.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2022, 04:21:01 PMWasn't he the first to get 50 in 50? I remember watching that game on TV.
One of the only five:  Maurice Richard, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Brett Hull.  The first would be Richard, so Bossy would be second.

Bossy did 9 consecutive years with 50 goals in 50 games.

viper37

And after Mike Bossy, it's now Guy Lafleur's turn to meet his maker :(

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Maladict

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Duque de Bragança

Crazy_Ivan80