News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Eclipse

Started by Syt, December 10, 2021, 12:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

New Star Wars game announced, set in the High Republic Era (couple centuries before the prequels; the books are set 200 years before IIRC). Genre is "action adventure" which is about as broad as you can probably get. :P

https://www.starwarseclipse.com/

Trailer: https://youtu.be/ER-Rnbiadew

QuoteFROM AWARD-WINNING INDEPENDENT STUDIO QUANTIC DREAM AND LUCASFILM GAMES comes Star Wars Eclipse™, a new action-adventure, multiple-character branching narrative game set in the High Republic era of the iconic Star Wars™ galaxy, now early in development.

WEAVE A TAPESTRY OF INTERLACED DESTINIES

See the galaxy through the eyes of an ensemble cast of multiple, charismatic playable characters, each with their own morality, personality, motivations, and impact upon each other and the story at large.

COMPOSE AN ORIGINAL
STAR WARS™ STORY

With all-new characters and environments, you have the power to make choices with consequences thanks to many outcomes in this deeply branching narrative.

SHAPE YOUR FATE IN THE OUTER RIM

In an uncharted section of the galaxy with never-before-seen species and planets to discover, this part of the Outer Rim is rife with opportunity – and political tensions that could alter the fabric of peace. What will you do?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/star-wars-eclipse-is-a-multi-character-narrative-game-set-in-the-high-republic-era/

QuoteStar Wars Eclipse is a multi-character narrative game set in the High Republic era
By Jody Macgregor published about 4 hours ago

It's being developed by Quantic Dream.

The rumors of a Star Wars game being developed by Quantic Dream (creators of Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Fahrenheit) turn out to have been true. As was announced at The Game Awards, the French developer is working on a game called Star Wars Eclipse, which is currently early in development.

Set on the Outer Rim during the High Republic era, it will apparently be "an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways", with multiple playable characters—a hallmark of Quantic Dream games. Expect quick-time events, surprising twists, and a certain degree of tonal inconsistency.

The trailer features familiar elements of the Star Wars universe like droids, speeder bikes, ice planets, and Jedi as well as alien species like mon calamari, anomids, and neimoidians (those Trade Federation goobers from Phantom Menace). According to the official website, its Outer Rim setting will also include "never-before-seen species and planets to discover."

In 2018, Quantic dream filed two lawsuits against French publications over allegations of sexism, homophobia, and inappropriate behavior at the studio, and was sued in turn by a former employee it was ordered to pay over failed 'security obligations'. Though Quantic Dream ultimately won its lawsuit against one of the publications, it lost the other.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

They seem to be investing a lot in this High Republic setting.

I've only played Two Souls, which was essentially a Telltale game with some action gameplay inserted. It was interesting, but quite short.

Syt

I would be more excited if it didn't involve David Cage's company.

https://stevivor.com/news/quantic-dream-doesnt-make-games-fags-cage-allegedly-says/

QuoteQuantic Dream doesn't "make games for fags" according to a quote by David Cage as reported by French website Solidaires Informatique.

According to the site, Cage was visibly in tears as part of legal proceedings between Quantic Dream and Le Monde & Mediapart before making his statement.

"[Cage was] stammering, in tears, exclaiming 'you interfere in my business!' before leaving the courtroom, fleeing from the defense lawyers' plea," reads a translation from Solidaires Informatique as translated on ResetEra. "It is obvious that it was difficult for him to talk about honor when mentioned a list of remarks he had made in public: 'anyway, in my games, all women are whores', 'in the open space, there is a lack of tits' or 'at Quantic Dream, we don't make games for fags'."

During the same proceedings, Quantic Dream CEO Guilliame de Fondaumiere allegedly asked if he could lie as he was not under oath.

In May 2019, we reported that Quantic Dream was being investigated by Games Workers Unite over sexual harassment claims. Prior to that, in April 2019, Quantic Dream sued Le Monde & Mediapart over toxic working conditions.

Especially since the High Republic books and comics are very popular and feature a cast so diverse it's giving StarTrekDisco a run for its money (and part of why many are drawn to it).
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2021, 06:39:52 AM
I would be more excited if it didn't involve David Cage's company.
'in the open space, there is a lack of tits' or 'at Quantic Dream, [/b]

all good!
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

QuoteDuring the same proceedings, Quantic Dream CEO Guilliame de Fondaumiere allegedly asked if he could lie as he was not under oath.

:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.