Games that should be remade or remastered

Started by Razgovory, December 01, 2021, 05:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 21, 2022, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 21, 2022, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: Maladict on February 21, 2022, 04:38:45 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2022, 07:27:53 PM
The Olympics, summer andwinter along with the world cup could all do with a makeover.

:D

I did play the shit out of those 80s Olympics based games. Summer Games I think it was called?

:)

I remember playing the UK game 'Dailey Thompson's Decathlon' , it was wildly popular in the early days of home gaming.

Rings a bell, 8-bit computer time (Amstrad in my case).

Duque, probably wasn't that great, iirc it was one of those button bashing games that you had to do in certain rhythms depending on the sport undertaken.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on February 20, 2022, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 20, 2022, 09:15:41 AM
Empire of the Fading Suns.

+1  I really liked the different offices and their responsibilities and assets. A new version would fit the post-Dune-release world perfectly.

There were some really good mods for it. I played one which gave a lot more units and types, probably other items but don't remember, and I think the AI was tougher.

I bought that game from GoG.games, pleasantly surprised to find it playable now. A bit dated but still fun.

Sophie Scholl

I think it could be fun to have the old TSR and D&D games redone into 5e or whatever the next system they release for rules, classes, races, and what not.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

Apparently, M.U.L.E. has been remade and is on Steam.
PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on February 21, 2022, 12:38:44 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 21, 2022, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 21, 2022, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: Maladict on February 21, 2022, 04:38:45 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2022, 07:27:53 PMThe Olympics, summer andwinter along with the world cup could all do with a makeover.

:D

I did play the shit out of those 80s Olympics based games. Summer Games I think it was called?

:)

I remember playing the UK game 'Dailey Thompson's Decathlon' , it was wildly popular in the early days of home gaming.

Rings a bell, 8-bit computer time (Amstrad in my case).

Duque, probably wasn't that great, iirc it was one of those button bashing games that you had to do in certain rhythms depending on the sport undertaken.

Fond memories of playing that kind of games even later (early '90s) in stores (Konami Track and Field) leaving buttons in pads and joysticks completely smashed.  :D

mongers

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 26, 2022, 11:07:52 PMI think it could be fun to have the old TSR and D&D games redone into 5e or whatever the next system they release for rules, classes, races, and what not.

Interesting, I recently EOB 1-3 and they're quaint but lacking some modern gloss and depth

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 01, 2022, 12:54:03 PMFond memories of playing that kind of games even later (early '90s) in stores (Konami Track and Field) leaving buttons in pads and joysticks completely smashed.  :D

:cool:

As it should be.  :)

KRonn

M.A.X.: Mechanized Assault & Exploration. I'd like to see that remastered, keeping to a similar game play but with additions to it to make it a more robust resource gathering and building war game. I played that game a lot! Used to be one of my go to games for a less stressful type game.

DocDoom7

Majesty for me, haven't really found any games that scratch that itch since. 

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DocDoom7 on March 09, 2022, 03:03:10 PMMajesty for me, haven't really found any games that scratch that itch since. 
I remember forgetting to turn that off once, left it running overnight and it was cool to see how things progressed.
PDH!

viper37

Eye of the Beholder 2 should be remade.  I have fond memories of that game, and of a particular room filled with skeletons...  :yucky: :glare:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.