News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games that should be remade or remastered

Started by Razgovory, December 01, 2021, 05:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2021, 02:56:30 PM
Colonization - did not like the Civ4 based attempt
Jagged Alliance - currently in the works apparently

Agreed on Colonization. Didn't like the Civ4 based one very much either.

Empire of the Fading Suns.

Also Darklands. Based in Medieval Europe. I don't play many of these type games but really liked that one.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2021, 04:49:39 PM
Yeah, a new Sim Earth would be great

:yes:

Railroad Tycoon. I have it from Steam, good game still, but it seems like some things are missing from the original game.

Razgovory

Oh, thought of another one: Crimson Skies.  Fun little airplane shooter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: KRonn on February 20, 2022, 09:20:21 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2021, 04:49:39 PM
Yeah, a new Sim Earth would be great

:yes:

Railroad Tycoon. I have it from Steam, good game still, but it seems like some things are missing from the original game.

A good remake of transport tycoon with just the right balance of realism and letting one indulge in fantasy building would be my dream game.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Yes, I enjoyed Transport Tycoon and feel a lot more could be done with it in a remake. 

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on February 20, 2022, 09:15:41 AM

+1  I really liked the different offices and their responsibilities and assets. A new version would fit the post-Dune-release world perfectly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

The Olympics, summer andwinter along with the world cup could all do with a makeover.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on February 20, 2022, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 20, 2022, 09:15:41 AM

+1  I really liked the different offices and their responsibilities and assets. A new version would fit the post-Dune-release world perfectly.

And the new edtion RPG coming out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2022, 07:27:53 PM
The Olympics, summer andwinter along with the world cup could all do with a makeover.

:D

I did play the shit out of those 80s Olympics based games. Summer Games I think it was called?

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on February 21, 2022, 04:38:45 AM

I did play the shit out of those 80s Olympics based games. Summer Games I think it was called?

:)

I remember playing the UK game 'Dailey Thompson's Decathlon' , it was wildly popular in the early days of home gaming.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on February 21, 2022, 11:00:48 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2022, 07:42:48 AM
The Wing Commander games.

Yes!

Those had such good gameplay....

Also, your choice of name wasn't censored. "Good job out there, Fuckface!"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on February 21, 2022, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: Maladict on February 21, 2022, 04:38:45 AM

:)

I remember playing the UK game 'Dailey Thompson's Decathlon' , it was wildly popular in the early days of home gaming.

Rings a bell, 8-bit computer time (Amstrad in my case).