News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games that should be remade or remastered

Started by Razgovory, December 01, 2021, 05:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 03, 2021, 12:03:28 AM
I think chess is ready for an upgrade.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1349230/5D_Chess_With_Multiverse_Time_Travel/

"5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel the first ever chess variant with spatial, temporal, and parallel dimensions. It's the first ever chess variant with multiverse time travel!"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

SMAC

Balance of Power (Chris Crawford)

Pride of Nations
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Darth Wagtaros

Alpha Centauri, as a true 4X game, not some of the RTS or modern Age of Wonders knockoffs. 

M.U.L.E. because I always say that.
A cool strategic wargame like SSI or Microprose did back in the day.

Pool of Radiance and the Gold Box games, again without the hard drive erasing like the last Pool of Radiance remake did.
PDH!

ulmont

Threviel

Total Annihilation, the best RTS ever should be re-made with a better AI. Later attempts at the same kind of game on the same scale were too complex and not very fun.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: ulmont on December 03, 2021, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 03, 2021, 12:03:28 AM
I think chess is ready for an upgrade.

QuotePeople Mock 'The Queen's Gambit' Board Game: 'It's Not Actually Chess'
https://www.newsweek.com/queens-gambit-boardgame-chess-mock-netflix-anna-taylor-joy-1654436
How ridiculous. On the other hand, if they were expecting Chess they could have just gotten a chess set.

They should remake Knights of the Old republic II. This time with a coherent story line. 
PDH!

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on December 03, 2021, 03:05:06 PM
Total Annihilation, the best RTS ever should be re-made with a better AI. Later attempts at the same kind of game on the same scale were too complex and not very fun.

Have you tried Ashes of the Singularity?  If so, what did you think of it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 07, 2021, 02:13:00 PM
They should remake Knights of the Old republic II. This time with a coherent story line. 

It's very coherent.  With the restored content mod, at least. :)

I guess they'll see how #1 goes first. :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Threviel

Quote from: viper37 on December 08, 2021, 09:41:30 AM
Quote from: Threviel on December 03, 2021, 03:05:06 PM

Have you tried Ashes of the Singularity?  If so, what did you think of it?

Never heard of, will check it out.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Solmyr on December 02, 2021, 03:44:30 AM
I've played Darklands in the modern era. :unsure:

It's on Steam, but it's still looks like it did in 1992 (though I think I played it in 1995)

Ridiculously good with staggering breadth, it is without a doubt one of the greatest RPGs ever made

https://store.steampowered.com/app/327930/Darklands/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

One just came to me.
Queen the eye.
A game built long ago themed around Queen, the band.
Apparently it was bad and of course wouldn't hold up today.
Still I want to play.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

FunkMonk

Just saw a few videos of this game to refresh my memory so I'll throw this one up here:

Sid Meier's Gettysburg
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.