News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games that should be remade or remastered

Started by Razgovory, December 01, 2021, 05:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

There's quite a market in selling nostalgia to my age group not least in PC games.  Remastered or remade PC games seem to sell well.  I bought the Command and Conquer pack and was instantly reminded how bad AI was in 1996.  Also it had terrible level design (one mission had you start in range of enemy guns and the only way to progress was to flee headlong into the unknown and set up a base in an area you don't have time to explore.  Destroying the guns is not possible.)  Still, I played through it and had fun.  What PC games would you like remade/remastered?

I want to see Myth: The Fallen Lords and the sequel Myth: Fall Harder redone.  That was a great game.  There was a game that Syt referred to a few times called Dark Lands but it was simply too ugly to play in the modern era.  I'd love to try that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2021, 05:10:48 PM
What PC games would you like remade/remastered?

Remastered: Command & Conquer 3.

Remade: Betrayal at Krondor.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

Colonization - did not like the Civ4 based attempt
Jagged Alliance - currently in the works apparently

Tamas

Remade:
Empire of the Fading Suns.

Remastered:
Age of Rifles.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Pedrito

Railroad Tycoon II

SMAC

Freespace II

SimEarth

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

SimEarth and those old Sierra adventure games.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?