Lighting the Beacons: UK based help needed

Started by Jacob, November 27, 2021, 06:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Is one of our UK posters willing to help me out? I'm looking to buy a few paperbacks that only seem to be available in the UK.

Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Forest of Doom
The Shamushanti Hills
City of Thieves

If someone's willing to buy the books and send them my way I'll pay and/ or return an equivalent favour. Alternately I could potentially hook you up with a key (Xbox or Steam) for Halo Infinite once it launches.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on November 27, 2021, 06:38:48 PM
Is one of our UK posters willing to help me out? I'm looking to buy a few paperbacks that only seem to be available in the UK.

Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Forest of Doom
The Shamushanti Hills
City of Thieves

If someone's willing to buy the books and send them my way I'll pay and/ or return an equivalent favour. Alternately I could potentially hook you up with a key (Xbox or Steam) for Halo Infinite once it launches.

Hello Jacob, in normal times I'd be happy to help you out, even make the effort to get some good quality copies. But family stuff means I'm not sure if I'm coming or going at the moment, maybe in January I could have a search for them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Jacob if it's a matter of ordering them from this site and sending them on I am happy to do so. PayPaling me their price and the shipping cost will be enough. :)

Oexmelin

They are easily found in used bookstores in Canada.

I know because I bought them  :Embarrass:

Edit: some of these used bookshops also ship to Canada often quite cheaply. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=warlock%20firetop%20mountain&sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_-TopNavISS-_-Results&ds=20
Que le grand cric me croque !

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, I would use abebooks to locate them but I believe abebooks ship to Canada. Give that a look Jacob; if that doesn't work out for you let me know and i will try and put a package together for you.

Jacob

Thanks Oex! I've never used Abebooks before, so it didn't occur to me to search there. I'll give it a go.

I appreciate the offers to help Tamas and Richard Hakluyt - if Abebooks doesn't work up I may still take you up on your offers :cheers:

mongers

Maybe we should try a Languish book search or exchange system, after all printed paper international posting rates aren't too expensive.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2021, 01:01:21 PM
Maybe we should try a Languish book search or exchange system, after all printed paper international posting rates aren't too expensive.

I am happy to help people out but as a general rule you should take one for the planet and use e-books.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 28, 2021, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2021, 01:01:21 PM

I am happy to help people out but as a general rule you should take one for the planet and use e-books.

Good point Tamas, though quite a few books I'm looking for never made it into the electronic age.

Caliga

Jake, I own all four of those books.  If I can find them, and you haven't already bought them from someplace else, I'd be willing to sell them.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2021, 07:34:44 PM
Jake, I own all four of those books.  If I can find them, and you haven't already bought them from someplace else, I'd be willing to sell them.

I appreciate the offer, but since it's going to be a gift I need new ones :)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

I didn't realise you needed new books; abebooks is mainly secondhand so probably won't work out for you.

They are available on UK amazon; I wonder if I can order them there and send them as a gift to you (that works for sending stuff to other UK folk)? Alternatively, I can get them delivered here and then package them up for Canada if amazon won't do it.