News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Languish (Pamir)

Started by Habbaku, November 29, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

As a reminder to Beeb/the player after him: note that if the event card is not purchased, it will cycle off at the end of Beeb's turn and trigger the "If Discarded" portion.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Okay, so I don't think I care if the event goes off as nothing is in play in Herat.

How do I go about actually playing a card (Maqpon Dynasty) in Vassal?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Drag and drop to a relevant portion of the board (the dotted line-boundary around the map itself).

Since you're first player, it makes most sense to drop your cards at the very bottom. If you do so, it'll auto-flag the card as your color and make relevant favored suit shifts as well, but you'll have to place the blocks manually (drag and drop onto a dotted-line connection on the map for a road, or into a region for an army).

Experiment!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Okay, so let me know if I uploaded it correctly and if I screwed up my move...

Also forgot to clean up the cards - sorry.

Habbaku

Only thing wrong I see is that you paid for the card you purchased by putting the rupee into the bank instead of sending it to the next market card down the row (Bengal Native Infantry). Easy fix, though.

Also, the turn order is Solmyr after you, not me, unless you tagged me in Airtable to double-check?

Regardless, I did a cleanup file. Solmyr's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Purchased Alexander Griboyedov and established Slave Markets in Transcaspia. Habs is up.

Habbaku

Purchased Prince Akbar Khan and then played Ranjit Singh to rule the Punjab (and take rulership away from pesky Beebs after paying off the local bandit-lords).

Celedhring is up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Purchased and played Dost Mohammad. BB is up - I forgot to refresh the market (apologies!).

Current board, after turn 2.

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on December 08, 2021, 04:51:13 PM
Purchased and played Dost Mohammad.

:cry: I knew he wasn't going to be there when it got back around to me, but I could hope.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

:cool:

You can comfort yourself by the fact that we both support the Afghans - I really am your ally!

celedhring

Just noticed the shadow effects on the playing pieces. That's not the vassal I grew up with!  :mad:

bogh

Yeah, I guess the sun is rising or setting while play is going on?

celedhring

And judging from the shadow's direction, the Sun is now in the West, aka BRITANNIA  :bowler:

Barrister

Turn 3 is up.  Sorry I missed last night.

Solmyr

Purchased Persian Army and played Alexander Griboyedov. Habs is up.

Celedh, you may want to consider purchasing European Cannons on your turn. Otherwise the Afghans could achieve dominance with it and clean up.