News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explain Your Languish Avatar?

Started by mongers, October 31, 2021, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I tried to change mine to the Swimmer who won the first Canadian gold at the last Olympics but could not do it for some reason. 

Habbaku

Avatar changes here are really frustrating lately.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 01, 2021, 11:58:53 AM
I tried to change mine to the Swimmer who won the first Canadian gold at the last Olympics but could not do it for some reason.

Now you got no avatar  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2021, 12:30:05 PM
A confession, I habitually confuse Grey Fox and Viper because theirs are quite similar, so they've merge into this hybrid guy who lives near the Canadian border and is good with technology advice.  :blush:

Surprisingly, Viper & I live about the same distance from the US border. 75-80km.

Mine is to the border of New York. Viper is Maine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2021, 10:33:04 AM
A confession, I habitually confuse Grey Fox and Viper because theirs are quite similar, so they've merge into this hybrid guy who lives near the Canadian border and is good with technology advice.  :blush:

Surprisingly, Viper & I live about the same distance from the US border. 75-80km.

GF: family man, lives in Montreal suburbs, politically far left
Viper: single, lives in small-town Quebec, mostly pretty right-wing
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2021, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2021, 10:33:04 AM

GF: family man, lives in Montreal suburbs, politically far left
Viper: single, lives in small-town Quebec, mostly pretty right-wing

Useful, you should start a 'cliff notes' thread and do some more posters; could be useful if anyone new EVER joins the forum.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Only BB could characterize Viper as "mostly pretty right wing"  :lol:

The Brain

If I wonder something about another poster I just ask Eddie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2021, 06:06:38 PM

I agree with BB, Viper's got a very Quebec stance to his right wingness.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2021, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2021, 06:06:38 PM

I agree with BB, Viper's got a very Quebec stance to his right wingness.

:punk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

Back in the old forum no one could tell Grey Fox and General Wolfe apart; maybe GF is Languish's greatest enigma. 

;)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

grumbler

Quote from: Savonarola on November 03, 2021, 04:04:34 PM
Back in the old forum no one could tell Grey Fox and General Wolfe apart; maybe GF is Languish's greatest enigma. 

;)

GF is Jaron's last remaining sockpuppet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox