And we're back!

Main Menu

New EU3 expansion coming?

Started by Syt, July 22, 2009, 10:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411697

QuoteHi guys.

I know we've released a package of EU3 and all its expansions already and called it complete. But... We keep talking about eu3 regularly, bringing up new ideas on fleshing out gamemechanics, and improving flavor and playability. Me, Doomdark, King and other others of the team now have dozens up dozens of cool ideas for Eu3.

So, would you guys like another expansion pack for EU3 or do you view the game as complete?

(of course, we'll wrap up 3.2 first..)

QuoteYes please, let me preorder it now.           964     79.21%
NO! EU3 is already complete!       253    20.79%

:rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Maybe they need to stop milking that one.  It's a fun game, but c'mon.  We are getting into TOAW territory now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

How does EU3 compare with EU2?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2009, 10:34:09 PM
Maybe they need to stop milking that one.  It's a fun game, but c'mon.  We are getting into TOAW territory now.

Hm, we have (IIRC):
TOAW
TOAW 2
TOAW: WotY
TOAW: CoW
TOAW 3 (= TOAW CoW repackaged and updated)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DisturbedPervert

I only bought it because it was the 'complete' edition and very cheap, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.  So no, don't need an expansion.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2009, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2009, 10:34:09 PM

Hm, we have (IIRC):
TOAW
TOAW 2
TOAW: WotY
TOAW: CoW
TOAW 3 (= TOAW CoW repackaged and updated)

Is this disagreement or agreement?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2009, 10:58:20 PM

Neither nor. Just checking if my memory still works.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Depends what is in the expansion.

Every game ever made can always use an expansion if it adds to the gameplay and enjoyment of the game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2009, 12:17:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2009, 10:58:20 PM

Neither nor. Just checking if my memory still works.

I don't remember all of them.  I heard they were working on a TOAW 4.  They are all essentially the same game though...

Viking

will it have a good map? if yes, they yes, a new expansion is needed.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

If it makes the game run faster than 1 day in 4 seconds once you reach the 17th century then I'm all for it...though it really should be a patch.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Where is my CK2 you Swedish bastards?!  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 08:06:04 AM
Where is my CK2 you Swedish bastards?!  :mad:

there will be some viking game convention or somesuch at the end of august and paradox will supposedly have several "exciting announcements". Really CK2 must be one of those. They owe us that much.

ulmont

Faeelin

Quote from: Tamas on July 23, 2009, 08:09:38 AM
there will be some viking game convention or somesuch at the end of august and paradox will supposedly have several "exciting announcements". Really CK2 must be one of those. They owe us that much.

They've started work on the HOI3 expansions, desigened to take combat to the 1960s!

But sorry, the Pacific War will still be broken.