News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best User Review Ever - Valheim

Started by Berkut, September 16, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I built a boat and went sailing. Our little island is more like a medium sized continent. 

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I noticed that you can build a cartography table. It didn't exist when I played last year. Maybe that's a way to share map info? I haven't built it, it's too big for my house.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Got too close to my camp fire and immolated myself like a true Viking.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 10, 2022, 04:44:49 AMI noticed that you can build a cartography table. It didn't exist when I played last year. Maybe that's a way to share map info? I haven't built it, it's too big for my house.

Saw the wiki suggests that is the case.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I'm thinking of finding a nice spot in Berkut's sprawling compund and build the table there. Both to let us share map info and as busywork for me.

Other stuff: I don't know the preference of everyone, some might want to "go it alone" for the non-help experience, and others might enjoy some help. For those who like a bit of help I will happily help out whichever way I can, both by providing resources and helping out on expeditions or whatever. :)

Pro-Tip: if you visit my house and want to learn new recipes then pick up stuff like fine wood, metal ingots, etc from the chests (and put it back).

The Brain

Oh, and I noticed that someone (garb was seen lurking around) picked up the troll hide tunic from my "Free Stuff" chests. Good. It's not the first time I accidentally made a new item instead of upgrading it, and it likely won't be the last.

The Brain

I ended up building a little house for the cartography table in a central location near the starting stone circle. I have noted my discoveries on the table. :)

Addendum: I mean for this to be a communal building. Feel free to do what you want with it.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2022, 09:22:12 PMI built a boat and went sailing. Our little island is more like a medium sized continent.

Did you find a swamp? :)

Berkut

Nope, no swamp. I didn't actually make it all the way around.

BTW, I am cool with people using my base however they like. I made a couple chests for stuff people are free to grab. 

But my boat is NOT available for borrowing without specific asking! There is a lot of risk to it getting stranded....

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2022, 03:21:56 AMOh, and I noticed that someone (garb was seen lurking around) picked up the troll hide tunic from my "Free Stuff" chests. Good. It's not the first time I accidentally made a new item instead of upgrading it, and it likely won't be the last.

Yep that was me. I spent my time yesterday largely based in your house as I ferried over wood,tin and copper ore.

I left behind my initial leather tunic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2022, 06:35:11 AMI ended up building a little house for the cartography table in a central location near the starting stone circle. I have noted my discoveries on the table. :)

Addendum: I mean for this to be a communal building. Feel free to do what you want with it.

I made a tiny hut with one chest near where Wag burnt to death as my way station while harvesting pine.

Darth Wagtaros

My ramshackle hut is now a ramshackle walled in compound.  I really suck at positioning walls and roofs. But at least the monsters can't get at me.  
PDH!

The Brain

Berk, I'm up for a sailing trip tonight if you want. :)

Berkut

I probably won't be available until later my time, like 10pm EST (which is going to be very late for you).

0 rows returned

Berkut

Does anyone want a set of troll armor? I've moved over to the bronze stuff....

0 rows returned