News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best User Review Ever - Valheim

Started by Berkut, September 16, 2021, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I killed an abomination by sniping him with fire arrows. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

I just got killed at least ten times by beginner monsters. I know I haven't invested much time in this, but I really don't seem to progress.
PDH!

Berkut

Wags, jump on the discord server. Be happy to talk you through some basic pointers
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Anyone who wants to join us, feel free. Me and Brain are happy to help, and the game is challenging but very approachable.

And its a lot more fun in a group....

There is a lot of troll hide in the map room chests. They keep attacking me!

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 17, 2022, 11:42:52 AMI just got killed at least ten times by beginner monsters. I know I haven't invested much time in this, but I really don't seem to progress.

I'm sure we can help you get going. :) A few things that come to mind:

1. What armor and weapons do you have? Don't be afraid to use the best gear available from Berk and me in the free chests.

2. What kinds of food do you eat? Always eat so you have three different foods active, food gives you almost all your HP and stamina. Don't be afraid to eat some of the more advanced food available in the free chests (there's at least some in the Free Stuff chests in front of my house).

3. Your house is pretty close to the Black Forest. I don't think you need to move, but monsters do come crawling out of there so you need to be careful. And avoid running around at night until you can survive the day. During the night more and worse monsters than normal are about.

4. If you see that me or Berk is playing, get on Discord and we can talk. And help.

5. If you haven't already, enable "Visible to other players" (or whatever the exact words are) in the lower right corner of the map screen. It helps us help you. :)

The Brain

The swamp where we found the first mine is very big. I found five more mines pretty close together a bit north of the first one. I set up a portal ("Iron Mines", and it's connected) on the coast to the west of there. NB I haven't unlocked the gates yet, since I don't bring my swamp key when exploring. But I plan to.

Berkut

Doing stuff together is so much more fun then soloing.

Lets get some more people involved...

0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

Thanks, I'll ping you when I get back.
PDH!

The Brain

I've unlocked three of the mines. The mine closest to the portal is almost empty, but there's maybe 10 iron left in there, part of a pile is left and in the same room there's some iron in the chest.

I haven't sailed the iron I mined back to the camp yet, it's still at the Iron Mines portal.

Berkut

Brain, it seems to me like the easiest way to clear out a mine is to pick a chest near the entrance, and move everything you pick up into that chest. Clear the entire mine, then move everything portal-able from the chest to the nearby portal, move back home.

Then move all the iron from the chest in the mine (do this during the day) to the staging base.

0 rows returned

Berkut

So I ahve a bunch of copper and tin. 

Does it make sense to upgrade my bronze stuff or just replace it with iron?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Going to need a bigger dock....

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2022, 10:53:37 AMSo I ahve a bunch of copper and tin.

Does it make sense to upgrade my bronze stuff or just replace it with iron?

I'd go iron. I'm not upgrading my bronze stuff.

Berkut

Can anyone interested in continuing check in? I know me and Brain are playing, but unsure otherwise. Want to see if it makes sense to continue paying for the server, or maybe recruit some outside players....

0 rows returned

garbon

Regretfully, I'm tapped out. While I think the game is entertaining, I don't see myself wanted to commit to the amount of time it needs. I'll admit I blanched a bit when I read your comment about 2 hours of real life time to sail around the continent. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.