And we're back!

Main Menu

Omar not comin' no more

Started by Solmyr, September 07, 2021, 12:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

RIP actor Michael K. Williams. :(

https://www.darkhorizons.com/r-i-p-michael-k-williams/

QuoteFamed character actor Michael Kenneth Williams, best known for his portrayal of Omar Little in "The Wire," has died at age 54.

The NYPD has confirmed the actor was found dead on Monday at 2pm inside of his Brooklyn residence.

Williams was an HBO regular on shows such as "Boardwalk Empire," "The Night Of" and "Lovecraft Country". He was co-lead on SundanceTV's "Hap and Leonard," recurred on ABC's "Alias" and NBC's "Community," and starred in various films from "Inherent Vice" and "12 Years a Slave" to "The Red Sea Diving Resort," "Triple 9," "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Road".

He scored three Emmy nods for outstanding supporting actor in a limited series or movie and is currently in Emmy contention for outstanding supporting actor for "Lovecraft Country".

In addition to his acting, Williams hosted and executive produces the 2016 Viceland docuseries "Black Market With Michael K. Williams". The second season was mostly completed prior to his death.

Source: Variety

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

OD, it seems.  RIP.  He was always great.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Sheilbh

RIP :(

Terrific actor - Omar is one of my top ever TV characters.
Let's bomb Russia!