News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

College Football, 2021-22

Started by grumbler, September 05, 2021, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Michigan wins the Joe Moore award for best offensive line in college football, becoming the first back-to-back winners. This is especially impressive because only two of last year's starters were starters this year.  It's the coaching and culture.  This is the kind of thing we Michigan fans were hoping for when Jim Harbaugh got there. Go Blue!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I see Michigan is having as much success running against the purple wall as Texas did.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2022, 06:24:53 PMI see Michigan is having as much success running against the purple wall as Texas did.

5.1 YPC is much better than Texas's 1.3.  The problem is that Michigan isn't slowing down the TCU run game (but, then, neither did Texas)..
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on December 31, 2022, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2022, 06:24:53 PMI see Michigan is having as much success running against the purple wall as Texas did.

5.1 YPC is much better than Texas's 1.3.  The problem is that Michigan isn't slowing down the TCU run game (but, then, neither did Texas)..

Well the game has changed a lot since I wrote that. I was empathizing with your plight when it was 21-9 not throwing shade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Valmy

How are the Buckeyes always this good? I am so damn jealous.

Valmy

Ok I am not jealous anymore. That was a heartbreaker.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2022, 11:01:54 PMHow are the Buckeyes always this good? I am so damn jealous.

Massive home field advantage.  I met a Hawkeye third string linebacker and he said playing at Ohio St. freaked him out. 

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2022, 11:01:54 PMHow are the Buckeyes always this good? I am so damn jealous.

Recruiting and development at the WR position.  They are also in a talent-rich state without much in-state recruiting competition.  Every Ohio HS football player dreams of playing for OSU.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2022, 07:37:27 PMWell the game has changed a lot since I wrote that. I was empathizing with your plight when it was 21-9 not throwing shade.

Got it.  But it was Emari Demarcado (who?  :lol: ) that killed Michigan.

Bayraktar!

Savonarola

CB and I finally went to a bowl game after all our years of living in Florida.  We went to the Citrus Bowl... which could have gone a little bit better for Purdue.  After Purdue threw the third interception my wife pointed out that there were vultures circling the stadium; that seemed fitting.  At least their band was good.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on February 14, 2023, 06:18:19 AM

The whole "Army vs Navy" or "Navy vs Air Force" thing has always kind of bugged me.  It's really "Military Academy vs Naval Academy" but hyped up as an interservice rivalry because reasons.  Most guys I knew in the Navy didn't much care.

Bayraktar!