News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Valve/Steam do a handheld thingy

Started by Syt, July 15, 2021, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on July 06, 2023, 12:44:03 PMI am increasingly tempted to get one and their sale price is heavily promoted on the steam front page... Yet they remain out of stock for the past week  :lol:  :mad:

I ordered mine after your penultimate post and it got delivered yesterday. Which is like 3 weeks earlier than I expected it.
Logistics, cause why not.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 06, 2023, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Josquius on July 06, 2023, 12:44:03 PMI am increasingly tempted to get one and their sale price is heavily promoted on the steam front page... Yet they remain out of stock for the past week  :lol:  :mad:

I ordered mine after your penultimate post and it got delivered yesterday. Which is like 3 weeks earlier than I expected it.
Logistics, cause why not.

Just order it Jos and join us fellow Steam Deck enjoyers.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I can't. It's out of stock and no ability to order.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Josquius on July 06, 2023, 03:38:41 PMI can't. It's out of stock and no ability to order.

It's probably more fall out from Brexit.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Not sure to what extent is feasible to change your region for a bit cause on our side of the channel delivery times have gone back down to the 1 to 2 weeks range.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 07, 2023, 02:01:15 AMNot sure to what extent is feasible to change your region for a bit cause on our side of the channel delivery times have gone back down to the 1 to 2 weeks range.
I thought about it. Get it delivered to a friend's place and arrange something to get it... but the only people I'd really be able to do that with are in Switzerland, where it isn't available. And it'd involve effort and I'm really not that desperate to get one at the minute.

QuoteIt's probably more fall out from Brexit.  :D
Probably is yeah.
Doing a bit of research seems to be the current big thing for scalpers in the UK too.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on July 07, 2023, 05:07:51 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 07, 2023, 02:01:15 AMNot sure to what extent is feasible to change your region for a bit cause on our side of the channel delivery times have gone back down to the 1 to 2 weeks range.
I thought about it. Get it delivered to a friend's place and arrange something to get it... but the only people I'd really be able to do that with are in Switzerland, where it isn't available. And it'd involve effort and I'm really not that desperate to get one at the minute.

QuoteIt's probably more fall out from Brexit.  :D
Probably is yeah.
Doing a bit of research seems to be the current big thing for scalpers in the UK too.

I see the one for £459 is now available.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Thanks.
I recently basically emptied my main account on a car I don't want so I'm going to be super conservative on spending for a month or two. Also the northerner in me says anything but the cheapest is a bad deal since the HD can be swapped out.
Shall keep tabs however and will see if my mind changes a month or two down the line.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josquius on July 29, 2023, 02:11:54 PMThanks.
I recently basically emptied my main account on a car I don't want so I'm going to be super conservative on spending for a month or two. Also the northerner in me says anything but the cheapest is a bad deal since the HD can be swapped out.
Shall keep tabs however and will see if my mind changes a month or two down the line.

I think Valve have begun selling Certified Refurbished Steam Decks at a big discount and I believe they're available in the UK.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 11, 2023, 12:20:27 PM
Quote from: Josquius on July 29, 2023, 02:11:54 PMThanks.

I think Valve have begun selling Certified Refurbished Steam Decks at a big discount and I believe they're available in the UK.

Funk, thanks for the heads-up.

Discounts of £70, £90 and £110 for the three models according to this page:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamdeckrefurbished
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

A 20 percent discount or so. Pretty good deal I guess.

Josquius

It is tempting. Anyone replaced the ssd in one? I read some stuff online saying to get the cheapest and a seperate larger, faster, ssd and it works out cheaper and better... But also read some stuff saying its not a simple operation.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

I've just added memory via the microSD but that's it.
Haven't run out of space yet, but that's of course dependent on what you want to install.

Josquius

I gave in and got one.
So far not done much. Played 80 Days a bit. Finicky controls.
Having to keep the whole thing on to update   :lol:
Looking forward to hopefully getting time for some quick pick up and play games
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josquius on August 31, 2023, 09:38:36 AMI gave in and got one.
So far not done much. Played 80 Days a bit. Finicky controls.
Having to keep the whole thing on to update  :lol:
Looking forward to hopefully getting time for some quick pick up and play games

:cheers:

It's a very versatile little machine. I was playing a modded Diablo 2 hooked up to my desktop monitor the other day. Then I disconnected it from the USB dock and continued playing on the couch.