News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I just started a new game, and decided to play Castille for the first time in eons. Holy shit. There's this new event (not sure what DLC introduced this) called Infantes of Aragon that shoots up right away that really cripples you if you're not prepared. You get a -1 stab hit, and have to get it back to zero for the event to end; but the majority of choices you get almost monthly are a -1 stab hit or an admin points deduction. So you get caught in this loop. I had to restart a few times before I was able to get my stab up to +1 before the event hit.
It explains why in some previous games, I noticed AI Castille not doing so well.

CC: How is Ottomans doing in your game? I hear new DLC cripples it somewhat
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Yeah, it's not as strong now that the other regional nations have been buffed

Tamas

I remember reading the Ottoman DLC made them seriously OP and you can see in the last patch notes they tried to nerf them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2023, 08:41:16 AMI remember reading the Ottoman DLC made them seriously OP and you can see in the last patch notes they tried to nerf them.

Think that's accurate. And there may have been an over correction. The nations around them got stronger and they got weaker.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 05, 2023, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2023, 08:41:16 AMI remember reading the Ottoman DLC made them seriously OP and you can see in the last patch notes they tried to nerf them.

Think that's accurate. And there may have been an over correction. The nations around them got stronger and they got weaker.

Yeah, I mean that's my fear. Ottos are supposed to pose a threat in the 15th-16th centuries.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Solmyr

Tbh previously AI Ottomans were always the endgame boss, unless you crippled them immediately.

Zanza

Playing my second game with King of Kings now as Qara Qounylu. Good content with missions, estates, events etc.

Early on the Ottomans, the Timurids and the Mamluks are really threatening. I have more or less destroyed the Mamluks now, reigned in the Timurids, but the Ottomans remain a threat.

After close to a century of incessant warfare, I have conquered most of the Levante, Caucasus, some of Persia, the area along the Gulf and taken Cairo.

I guess I will just defend in the West and continue to expand south and east. I have to conquer more of Persia and eventually reform from a tribe to a monarchy to be able to form Persia and get to see that content.

Zanza

Next EU4 patch will have new content for Aztecs, Incas, Mayans, Netherlands, Austria, Bohemia, Hungary, Venice, Mughals and Timurids. Sounds a bit like the final patch as together with last three DLCs, they have covered virtually the entire world with reworked content then.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/europa-universalis-iv-development-diary-27th-of-february-roadmap-to-1-37.1625239/

Josephus

Yeah and this one seems a hodgepodge of place's geographically.

As well as their admitting they're working on something new.
Civis Romanus Sum