Refractory Gauls, or the French politics thread

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2021, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Yellow Vests, not just them actually, would disagree with you about Macron being a moderate.

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2022, 02:48:13 PMYellow Vests, not just them actually, would disagree with you about Macron being a moderate.

When you're on the brown red extreme the centre is the extreme no? :p
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josquius on April 11, 2022, 03:15:05 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2022, 02:48:13 PMYellow Vests, not just them actually, would disagree with you about Macron being a moderate.

Macron is good at polarising moderates into extremists, (Yellow Vests did start rather peacefully), that's antithetic to moderation, I would say.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2022, 03:21:15 PM

Macron is good at polarising moderates into extremists, (Yellow Vests did start rather peacefully), that's antithetic to moderation, I would say.
Sarkozy's government was accused of the same.  What is it that minister said?  "Rif-raf from the suburbs"?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2022, 03:21:15 PM

Protests in France are never peaceful. What PRECISELY did Macron do that turned the mellow yellow vests into pyromaniacs?

Please give concrete examples.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on April 11, 2022, 05:36:16 PMProtests in France are never peaceful. What PRECISELY did Macron do that turned the mellow yellow vests into pyromaniacs?

Protests were quite peaceful in the beginning, even most macronolâtres agree. Pensioners, lower middle-class workers and employées demonstrating calmly at roundabouts by letting pass most people is not violence.
Or are you mixing it up with the typical "celebration" by banlieue inassimilated types on the Champs-Élysées following a victory of the French (or Algerian) football squad?

The lack of preparation and consultation, doubling down on repression when it was already too late to amend the project (Jupiter created quite a few cyclopes), bad policing, as in badly led police doing nothing against black blocks but going after regular types, late concessions only after severe rioting so too late (doubtful anyways since lots of measures were simply suspended back then).

The only thing where Macron is very moderate is competence, see the mismanagement of the Covid pandemic. One example, visiting Dr Raoult granting him a veneer of legitimity and furthering covidiocy. Even the early vaccination campaign was botched, despite having a year to prepare it.

You are so out of touch with the French situation that it seems useless to be honest. Don't you have family in the old country?

As for the absolute lack of moderation of Macron, try "il n'y a pas de culture française" (please also check his other classist gaffes) or for the yellow vests this one

https://www.amnesty.fr/liberte-d-expression/actualites/france-milliers-de-manifestants-pacifiques-arbitrairement-arretes-et-poursuivis

Not to mention he or his lackeys peddling conspiracy theories, about how the far left or far right (depending on the circumstances) was behind the movement or some foreign power (Italy).
I guess granny Brigitte was not around to moderate him.

https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2019/01/10/cagnottes-marlene-schiappa-soupconne-les-puissances-etrangeres-au-vu-de-la-position-de-litalie_a_23639004/

All that nonsense made it quite easy for Ruffin (LFI) to make a documentary contrasting the harsh statements of Micron and his ilk with those of the (early) yellow vests. Binary at times, but a field day for the radical left.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%27veux_du_soleil_(film)

Even the protests and demonstration in the Champs-Élysées traditionally used as an opportunity by the racaille to loot and riot were not at first violent.
You do realize there is a world beyond city centres where the prices of fuel is not as important as in periurban, small-town and countryside France?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on April 11, 2022, 05:17:37 PMSarkozy's government was accused of the same.  What is it that minister said?  "Rif-raf from the suburbs"?

Sarkozy caused a tempest in a media teapot but nothing comparable to the yellow vest movement. Biggest since May '68.
Sarkozy's remark is closer to a remark made by Chevènement, a PS old guard minister (left-wing sovereignist), about "sauvageons" in the banlieues.
"racaille" is actually proudly claimed by banlieue thugs so the outrage is really bogus for one who knows a bit the situation.

Zoupa

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 12, 2022, 07:25:43 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 11, 2022, 05:36:16 PMProtests in France are never peaceful. What PRECISELY did Macron do that turned the mellow yellow vests into pyromaniacs?

Protests were quite peaceful in the beginning, even most macronolâtres agree. Pensioners, lower middle-class workers and employées demonstrating calmly at roundabouts by letting pass most people is not violence.
[/quote]

I never said it was.
QuoteOr are you mixing it up with the typical "celebration" by banlieue inassimilated types on the Champs-Élysées following a victory of the French (or Algerian) football squad?

That has nothing to do with the discussion, but you show your true colours pretty early there.

QuoteThe lack of preparation and consultation, doubling down on repression when it was already too late to amend the project (Jupiter created quite a few cyclopes), bad policing, as in badly led police doing nothing against black blocks but going after regular types, late concessions only after severe rioting so too late (doubtful anyways since lots of measures were simply suspended back then).

So you're saying any of these things caused the protest to turn violent? Just because you don't like him doesn't make Macron omnipotent. I also like your "regular types". So your tribe is the real France, not those unassimilated types, gotcha.

QuoteThe only thing where Macron is very moderate is competence, see the mismanagement of the Covid pandemic. One example, visiting Dr Raoult granting him a veneer of legitimity and furthering covidiocy. Even the early vaccination campaign was botched, despite having a year to prepare it.

Unrelated to the discussion.

QuoteYou are so out of touch with the French situation that it seems useless to be honest. Don't you have family in the old country?

Once again, you and your tribe are the only real France, only your opinion is relevant and accurate. Gotcha.

QuoteAs for the absolute lack of moderation of Macron, try "il n'y a pas de culture française" (please also check his other classist gaffes) or for the yellow vests this one

https://www.amnesty.fr/liberte-d-expression/actualites/france-milliers-de-manifestants-pacifiques-arbitrairement-arretes-et-poursuivis

Unrelated to the discussion.

QuoteNot to mention he or his lackeys peddling conspiracy theories, about how the far left or far right (depending on the circumstances) was behind the movement or some foreign power (Italy).

https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2019/01/10/cagnottes-marlene-schiappa-soupconne-les-puissances-etrangeres-au-vu-de-la-position-de-litalie_a_23639004/

And this caused the protests to turn violent? Man, that Macron is really powerful. No wonder you fear him. He can cause people to burn shit down with just a few words!

QuoteAll that nonsense made it quite easy for Ruffin (LFI) to make a documentary contrasting the harsh statements of Micron and his ilk with those of the (early) yellow vests. Binary at times, but a field day for the radical left.

Even the protests and demonstration in the Champs-Élysées traditionally used as an opportunity by the racaille to loot and riot were not at first violent.
You do realize there is a world beyond city centres where the prices of fuel is not as important as in periurban, small-town and countryside France?

And 3rd time's the charm, only your tribe is the real France. Anyone not in your tribe, their opinion doesn't matter. They're not real French.

In resume, you're a petit bourgeois boulangiste who just doesn't like brown people. Tell us again how you're gonna vote blank in 2 weeks  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on April 12, 2022, 09:37:34 AMI never said it was.
Liar. Le pompier pyromane c'est Macron, pas les gilets jaunes. Mellow is another of your inventions but radicalisation only happened late and was just a minority, excluding most the early wave.

QuoteOr are you mixing it up with the typical "celebration" by banlieue inassimilated types on the Champs-Élysées following a victory of the French (or Algerian) football squad?

QuoteThat has nothing to do with the discussion, but you show your true colours pretty early there.
That shows I know the local situation and that you are a collabo of racailles. By the way, negating any misgivings by Algerian thugs does quite a disservice to those Algerians who don't behave in such a manner.

Of course, why is it Algerian football "fans" and not Moroccan or Tunisian besides who share some of the social predicaments, will have to be left for another time.

Why do you think people in France are happy the victory of Cameroon over Algeria in the African qualifyers for the Wahhabi World Cup?

QuoteSo you're saying any of these things caused the protest to turn violent? Just because you don't like him doesn't make Macron omnipotent. I also like your "regular types". So your tribe is the real France, not those unassimilated types, gotcha.

I never said he was omnipotent, however he implied it as in wanting to be a "jupiterian" president in Challenges magazine. Assimilated people of foreign descent are obviously far more valuable than unassimilated antisocial basket cases. It's obvious, except for you it seems.

QuoteThe only thing where Macron is very moderate is competence, see the mismanagement of the Covid pandemic. One example, visiting Dr Raoult granting him a veneer of legitimity and furthering covidiocy. Even the early vaccination campaign was botched, despite having a year to prepare it.

Unrelated to the discussion? Truth hurts. Marseille idol a little too close to you? As a (former) pharmacist you should know better.
A competent moderate would have done a little homework before meeting him.

QuoteOnce again, you and your tribe are the only real France, only your opinion is relevant and accurate. Gotcha.
Tribes are so pre-Roman Gaul. Sorry, it's over. Alésia and all that. It's nation these days.
As for opinion being relevant, of course it is. More so than petit bourgeois out-of-touch people or even possibly grand bourgeois who at least are honest in their pro-Macron leanings (Pécresse excluded).

https://www.amnesty.fr/liberte-d-expression/actualites/france-milliers-de-manifestants-pacifiques-arbitrairement-arretes-et-poursuivis[/quote]

QuoteUnrelated to the discussion.

Truth hurts again. No moderation in the policing is perfectly relevant. Cops are following orders, orders given by Castaner (PS nobody before), a minister chosen by Macron.

QuoteNot to mention he or his lackeys peddling conspiracy theories, about how the far left or far right (depending on the circumstances) was behind the movement or some foreign power (Italy).

QuoteAnd this caused the protests to turn violent? Man, that Macron is really powerful. No wonder you fear him. He can cause people to burn shit down with just a few words!

Nice try, but I did not say that. It just shows how the so-called moderation of Macron is a myth. A more competent macronolâtre than you would claim conspiracy theorists are far more to be found in the yellow vests (debatable) and would argue inaccurate information and try to retract these statements.
Thanks for showing your true colours of a Macron useful idiot.

QuoteAll that nonsense made it quite easy for Ruffin (LFI) to make a documentary contrasting the harsh statements of Micron and his ilk with those of the (early) yellow vests. Binary at times, but a field day for the radical left.

QuoteAnd 3rd time's the charm, only your tribe is the real France. Anyone not in your tribe, their opinion doesn't matter. They're not real French.

By giving an exemple from a declared radical leftist, I show that my so-called "tribe" is the one and only, that tribe being the radical left ?
FYI, I am not a radical leftist, I am able to take into account other opinions, however differing from mine. Something macronolâtres like you cannot.

QuoteIn resume, you're a petit bourgeois boulangiste who just doesn't like brown people. Tell us again how you're gonna vote blank in 2 weeks  :lol:

Boulangiste? No more fascist, nazi, zemmourien, lepéniste or the dog whistling far-right? I am disappointed. Boulanger was not against brown people and neither am I.

As for the brown people racism accusation, most muslim/islamist votes go to Mélenchon and will end up voting for Macron anyways.
They don't really like other ethnicities but Jew-hatred is really special über alles for them, not just Zemmour. You still don't want to hear them about blacks, specially non-muslim ones (football games with North African vs Black African banlieue clubs  are quite revealing).

Or did you forget who has been killing Jews in France lately?

Early Bayrou would have been boulangiste I guess, by your standards.

:secret:
I live in Paris, smart arse. I just happen to have some empathy for human beings outside the périphérique.
Sorry for not living up to the cliché, but it's only funny as a joke, at best.

You are the petit bourgeois out of touch who emigrated to the Liberal paradise of Chrétien and Trudeau.

I am a son of immigrants, a worker and an employee, and am in no way a petit-bourgeois by social status/Money (your de facto PS recycled cf. your avatar, macronolâtre standard ). An ethnic minority actually but assimilated.

Since voting blank triggers you as much as voting Marine (reminder Jean-Marie is retired now) blank is enough. I still have some significant differences with Marine, despite your best efforts or those of your boy's lackey Darmanin in an awful PR stunt saying Marine was going soft to antagonise anyone not fond of Macron.

This can go on and on but unless you have something significantly new as in supported by some ground knowledge, or dare I dream facts, your patronising moralising attitude will get you nowhere. Even an answer as a foolhardy attempt to educate you about the current situation in France is far from guaranteed.

I still follow and am able to understand Portuguese issues (even voting when the PS govt allows me to vote by not underfunding the voting abroad that is) so you could try to be not as estranged from your homeland as I am from Portugal. And no it's not a voting pattern à la islamist in France, where they vote for the pro full immigration parties (somewhat classic liberal left à la macron and others) and then islamist/nationalist in their original country.

Grey Fox

I wish you 2 would have this argument in french. Serait beaucoup plus authentique.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

I'm still looking forward to you outlining what you actually believe in and support, Duque De Braganca- if you're up for it.

Zoupa

Yeah, please detail which shade of brown you prefer your shirts in.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2022, 09:05:59 AMI wish you 2 would have this argument in french. Serait beaucoup plus authentique.

J'ai pourtant mis quelques expressions françaises dedans.  :frog:
Si c'était 100% en français, il n'y aurait guère que les francophones qui comprendraient, ce serait assez discriminatoire.  :goodboy:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on April 13, 2022, 10:43:49 AMYeah, please detail which shade of brown you prefer your shirts in.

Brown shirts? Nah, that would be cultural appropriation.

Jacob

As I was saying in the Ukraine thread, apparently LePen is for strategic reconciliation between Russia and NATO "as soon as the war is over" and has also expressed doubts about military aid to Ukraine.

Independently of any other political position, that makes her fucking terrible as far as I'm concerned.