News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Covid América 2021

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 14, 2021, 04:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Anybody following Mijairzinho's latest folly? Started yesterday, with Brazil beating a B or C Venezuela team (hello Covid) and Colombia narrowly defeating Ecuador.

Now Argentina-Chile

PS: I guarantee there will be more attacking football than during Spain-Sweden.  :P Plus, there is a guy called Messi playing.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 14, 2021, 04:08:08 PMMijairzinho

I'm assuming you mean Bolsonaro. Would it kill you to speak clearly for once? It's already bad enough with Yi around.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 14, 2021, 04:21:23 PM

I'm assuming you mean Bolsonaro. Would it kill you to speak clearly for once? It's already bad enough with Yi around.

Reference to one of his infamous tweets.  :contract:

Not too hard to guess, given the context, besides.

Duque de Bragança

Promise kept: 1-0 before half-time thanks a free kick by Messi, from a dumb foul, South American garra style.

1-1 now, Chile equalizer on a penalty, following a Var check. Argentine players complaining a lot.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

No Covid América 2021 pool, sorry.  :P

Games ended with a 1-1 tie between Argentina and Chile and a 3-1 victory for Paraguay vs a Covid-ed Bolivia, Bolivia scoring first.

Duque de Bragança

Nobody but me seemed to care, but the final will be Brazil-Argentina. Messi can (somewhat) equal Ronaldo if he wins at last a title with the national squad.  :P

Neymar Jr. needs titles as well.  :D

11B4V

Quote from: The Larch on June 14, 2021, 04:21:23 PM

Yi can be hard to understand sometimes.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

The Final will be shown live at 00.45 CET (night from Saturday to Sunday) on a free-to-air channel over here (l'équipe 21)! :)

Well, a bit late, but it's another continent and time zones, and saturday night...

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2021, 09:24:54 PM
:lol:

All said, that final was pretty mad. Nice to see Messi win something with Argentina.

Tournament over! It took 6 tournament finals, a tournament every other year, for Messi to somewhat tie (no League of Nations equivalent in CONMEBOL) with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Messi can thank his teammates who did the job for him, namely Di María, and the hands-off refereeing for the Argentine butchers (asado is big over there remember). Messi missed an incredible chance by the end which would have gloriously sealed the victory.

Neymar did the best he could, not just diving though he did his best Sterling and Kane imitations, but that was not enough.

Bolsonaro's folly did not pay off.  :P

Sheilbh

De Paul and Emi Martinez were also very good for Argentina and yeah I am glad to see Messi have some international trophy. It is weird that at this moment he is effectively just an Argentina player.

I'm also really glad for Martinez because he's had a hell of an eighteen months from back-up keeper to FA Cup winner, Premier League keeper of the season, then to keeping out penalties (with full on cricket style sledging) against Colombia and now winning the Copa America. It's great.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

I really loved Emi Martinez at Arsenal and while a part of me understands why Arsenal sold him, a bigger part of me understands that Arsenal let the wrong keeper go.

QuoteI'm also really glad for Martinez because he's had a hell of an eighteen months from back-up keeper to FA Cup winner, Premier League keeper of the season, then to keeping out penalties (with full on cricket style sledging) against Colombia and now winning the Copa America. It's great.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!