And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling all rosbifs

Started by Zoupa, June 13, 2021, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 14, 2021, 11:38:17 AM
Oh! Also - River.

I loved River. I found Marcella and Happy Valley to be great but a hard watch due to all the misery going around.  :lol:

I need to make time after the Olympics to watch Giri/Haji.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on July 29, 2021, 05:02:33 AM
I loved River. I found Marcella and Happy Valley to be great but a hard watch due to all the misery going around.  :lol:
It's not miserable. It's just the North :P :ph34r:

But yeah I found Happy Valley particularly difficult/grueling even if I thought it was very good - I also think it's a series that could be really successfully adapted in different countries. It wouldn't be easy but it can tell the story of a really simple crime - it's all about mood and character and setting rather than some complex mousetrap situation. Mare of Easttown, which I loved, was basically Happy Valley but American and I'm sure there's similar equivalent locations in Spain or Germany where you could set a similar-ish story. Maybe it'd be more "inspired by" rather than adapted.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Zoupa on June 13, 2021, 07:50:09 PM
So I'm on a bit of a British police procedural binge. So far I've watched Luther, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Line of Duty and I'm starting Shetland. I think I also saw the first season of The Fall, but couldn't stomach Gillian Anderson's accent.

Any recommendations?

Excellent shows. I also liked River,  Unforgotten,  Bodyguard,  and Wallander come to mind.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".