News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I should go and brag about the flags and flavor events I made for Vic1 in development. :P

Though to be fair, the guys who worked the POP mines back then are probably still traumatized to this day. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I must make a thread about the EU2 events I wrote and which OBVIOUSLY are the basis for the success of the entire saga up to this day.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2021, 02:56:50 AM
I should go and brag about the flags and flavor events I made for Vic1 in development. :P

Though to be fair, the guys who worked the POP mines back then are probably still traumatized to this day. :D

Yeah the "beta" test of Vicky1 was more like "please help us lift it out of alpha". I remember doing the resources for African provinces. Oh the naivety of youth.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on May 25, 2021, 02:14:44 AM
What about OHgamer's aren't I great thread:
QuoteThose of you who are long-time veterans of Paradox Games will recognize me. No, I hadn't completely vanished into the ether, though life over the past twelve years since the release of Victoria II took me in directions that greatly limited my ability to be involved with the Victoria community and Paradox in general.

Saw the news that Paradox is going to revisit Victoria for a new edition, and my heart filled with joy. I was heavily involved in the development of Victoria II as a beta tester and data contributor during its development in 2008 and 2009 (as well as creating, along with XieChengnuo, the map layout that would be used in not only Victoria, but be the base for the maps of EU3 and HoI3/4), and while the game was not, as Mary Poppins would have preferred, "Practically Perfect in Every Way," there was a lot of great things about the game and how it built upon the foundations established by the original Victoria I release combined with much of the modding work that the Victoria Improvement Project (VIP) mod had done with the first iteration of the game. This is clear from the devotion shown by fans of the game to this day the Victoria franchise and Victoria II.

Although my spare time these days tends to be rather limited, I will definitely be following developments of this new version closely. Godspeed to the development team for Victoria 3

OHGamer, insufferable as ever

fyp

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

There's something about Victoria that really fosters a community  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Didn't he post here at some point?

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 25, 2021, 06:22:55 AM

On p'dox forum it has only garnered likes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2021, 02:59:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2021, 02:56:50 AM

Yeah the "beta" test of Vicky1 was more like "please help us lift it out of alpha". I remember doing the resources for African provinces. Oh the naivety of youth.

Yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic about these things any more. I'm happy to wait for the release these days. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Here's a weird idea.
So CK is set during the age of feudalism. You control a dynasty.
EU is set during the fall of feudalism and  rise of nation states and that's what you control.
Victoria is set during the dawn of the age of ideology.

So. In this weird alternate Victoria you don't play a nation but rather an ideology. Your job is to battle other ideologies and spread yours around the world.
I know it won't work in practice given CK still basically comes down to paint the map.
But an interesting thought.
And yes. Obviously the victorian age was peak nation state so not quite a perfect parallel.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on May 25, 2021, 06:37:26 AM
Didn't he post here at some point?

He did but on the old 2003-2009 version of Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on May 25, 2021, 06:38:46 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 25, 2021, 06:22:55 AM

On p'dox forum it has only garnered likes.

Figures  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

PDF with the slides from the "Art of Victoria" presentation in this thread:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/the-art-of-victoria-panel.1476135/

:wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Could this be a better painting of Matthew Perry?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

I mean that is a pretty awesome Haitian Revolution painting but that happened 32 years before the start of this game...