News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 16, 2023, 11:41:59 AMEven more problematic for me is that the game turns into a slide show by 1870.  It's unplayable.

One thing I have found that helps is changing the lens.  On some lenses the game speeds back up.  Not ideal of course, but a bit of a work around.
I want you to panic

https://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2019/jan/25/i-want-you-to-panic-16-year-old-greta-thunberg-issues-climate-warning-at-davos-video

"Woke" is now almost exclusively used by those who seek to deride it, those who chafe at the activism from which it sprang. Opponents to the idea are seeking to render it toxic. They use it to stand in for change itself, for evolution, for an accurate assessment of history and society that makes them uncomfortable and deflates their hagiographic view of American history.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 16, 2023, 01:50:20 PMHaven't played much apart from the first 30 hours after I bought it. Life happened and my rare game time turned to other, more accessible games.

Is the consensus now that Victoria 3 is a failure as is?

I think it has a very good basis and design ideas, but needs balance, bugfixing, better AI, tweaks and more flavor. I think it's less in a better shape than Imperator at launch but worse than CK3. And despite the issues it is still fun to play around with (though would recommend Anbeeld's AI mod).
If we want to prevent catastrophic economic and societal change we will have to radically change our climate system.

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 16, 2023, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 16, 2023, 11:41:59 AMEven more problematic for me is that the game turns into a slide show by 1870.  It's unplayable.

One thing I have found that helps is changing the lens.  On some lenses the game speeds back up.  Not ideal of course, but a bit of a work around.

Thanks.  I'll try that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

So with diplomacy effectively broken, Paradox have taken it on themselves to... drastically rework the economy, pop investment to be specific.

Syt

OPB made a good point that it will probably make reforming fast harder, because if e.g. you start with an agrarian economy, the POPs will put more money into agrarian businesses, which will make it harder to break the power of the landholders.
If we want to prevent catastrophic economic and societal change we will have to radically change our climate system.

Syt

Also, this is the first diaries of more to come. Wizz has said in other threads that they look at diplo and aim that historical outcomes (Japan, US, Italy etc.) are much more likely to occur.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 19, 2023, 03:38:35 PMAlso, this is the first diaries of more to come. Wizz has said in other threads that they look at diplo and aim that historical outcomes (Japan, US, Italy etc.) are much more likely to occur.

:thumbsup: