1.04 is out:

Quote###################
# Game Balance
###################
# Economy
- Petit-Bourgeoisie now also care about government wages
- Slashing government wages will now reduce prestige
- Slashing military wages will now reduce training rate
- Debt slavery can now enslave pops up to wealth level 9, in reduced numbers for each point
of wealth
- Reduce the max number of pops enslaved each week by debt slavery from 5% to 0.5% of
state population
- Debt slavery will no longer enslave additional pops when slaves is 20% or more of the state
population
- Tweak subsistence production in decentralized nations so African pops don't start at
starvation levels
# Politics
- Increased the chance of progressive political movements appearing over the course of the
game
- Movements to Preserve now have a larger effect on the chance for a law to stall, making it
harder to pass laws opposed by powerful groups
- Political Movements for or against changes in Slavery and Government principles laws will
now be more radical
- Reduced base effect of Propagandists Intelligentsia trait from 50% to 25%
- Reduced effect of guaranteed liberties on loyalists and radicals growth
# Colonization
- Native Uprisings now get a significant bonus to their combat capabilities, mainly on the
defensive
- Reduced the chance of Native Uprisings occuring when provinces are colonized
###################
# AI
###################
# Diplomacy
- AI is now a bit less likely to back down in diplomatic plays
- AI is now a bit more likely to get involved in diplomatic plays
- Make the AI more keen on swaying countries to its side if outmatched in a diplomatic play
# War
- AI is now a lot more focused on taking land-adjacent states and conquering contiguous land
areas in general
- Increase AI aggression against Unrecognized countries after unlocking Civilizing Mission
# Colonization
- Increased AI tendency to get involved in Native Uprisings slightly
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Improve revenue predictions when constructing buildings to show more accurate and useful
data
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed a bug where capitulating in one war could cause your generals in another war to
standby
- Added additional check to prevent monuments from being targeted in tutorial
- Added a check to the Declare Interest Tutorial that was miscounting the maximum amount of
Declared Interests possible.
- Fix issue where Investment Pool could be used for disallowed building types
- Fix issue where predicted price for goods after goods substitution would sometimes show the
wrong value
- Political movements can now start organizing a revolution at 50 radicalism rather than 100
(100 is needed for the revolution to actually begin though)
- Fixed typos in several defines
- Fix pop attraction reasons tooltip CTD in Asian languages
- Fixed a CTD caused by trying to create a shipping lane between two market areas with at
least one of them being only nominally coastal due to the entire coast being impassable
- Fixed a CTD that could be triggered when clicking on the "mobilize all" button"
- Fixed late game CTD when transferring troops
- Fix CTD when hovering sell orders after having country join your market (__chkstk
(chkstk.asm: 109))
- Fix CTD in NPdxParticle2Internal::SParticlePool::GetActive
- Fix CTD in CJominiSplineNetworkGraphics::GetStripLengthInternal

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2022, 04:29:51 AM:lol:

Agreed on lack of focus on what's going on in the world, Syt, and yeah I think high AI aggression is necessary in vanilla at the moment to make things happen.

That's always the case with P'dox games. I remember back in the EU2 days, the general consensus was to play "normal/aggressive"...that is Normal difficulty and Aggressive AI.

Regarding lack of focus. I think someone here mentioned a newspaper. Maybe a weekly pop up front page that tells you what's going on, that you can tailor to your interests.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Patch notes look like a good start. Esp. like the changes to local uprisings. My general response to those was so far "Great, don't have to wait for colonization to finish! :w00t: "
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Agreed it's a good start but it doesn't seem to address the two-way trading loop problem.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

The game has many excellent commie flags, but this might be one of the best. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Addendum from Wizz on reddit:

QuoteKey word here is "considering" - it's something I would like to prototype to see how it would actually play. We are also not talking about any sort of full AI control here, it may even be only something for certain laws. We will never take the economy out of the hands of the player entirely, just try to add more depth and challenges.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2022, 04:28:35 AM[...]

:lol:
I would love it if, after accidentally nurturing loads of fasc types with HOI4 fans, Victoria 3 now redeems Paradox with them all getting out their Eric Hobsbawm :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

:lol:

It's certainly a different generation than when Johan was running things by himself, mostly, and had ... more conservative views on the world. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

ulmont

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2022, 11:00:31 AMAgreed it's a good start but it doesn't seem to address the two-way trading loop problem.

I thought that (having trade routes not quite use market prices) was a deliberate change made and discussed during development, so there's not that much they can do without restoring the problems they changed to avoid?

FunkMonk

I need to see my big white numbers go up in comparison to other countries.

Paradox plz just give me spreadsheets and graphs and data tables.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Apparently they accidentally made trade centers eat inordinate amounts of infrastructure per trade route in the patch, effectively breaking the game, although a few people seem to like the severe cap on trading.

EDIT: mod that removes it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2883457763&searchtext=Remove+infrastructure+usage+from+Trade+Centers

I am thinking of switching it to something like 0.1 instead of the patch's 1 for now, or removing it altogether like the mod. It sounds like a decent idea, not just at this brutal rate.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2022, 12:04:22 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 02, 2022, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2022, 11:00:31 AMAgreed it's a good start but it doesn't seem to address the two-way trading loop problem.

I thought that (having trade routes not quite use market prices) was a deliberate change made and discussed during development, so there's not that much they can do without restoring the problems they changed to avoid?

I think they have got to do something.  You can't have a situation where two countries can make lots of money trading the same article to each other in enormous quantities.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Playing Austria with the patch for comparison's sake.

The thing about more political movements and the fact that revolutions start "charging up" from 50 radicalism (but won't trigger before 100) are easily noticable.

The aristocrats were already pretty miffed when I just launched a campaign to switch to appointed bureaucrats. What happened was that they already had a political movement to introduce agrarianism on low support and radicalisation, that the latter jumped to critical when I started going with the the bureaucracy thing, and the revolution "charge up" started, so I gave up and things calmed back. :)

Solmyr

I wonder if it's possible to make it tougher to move large armies across the world. I could pretty much transport my entire Baltic HQ Swedish army (100+ regiments) to Africa for every single conflict there, with no ill effects I could see. Seems like they don't even need ships or anything.