News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm confused on the map images they had for publication with the announcement. Map looks infinitely better in that art pdf.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Question is which one is more likely to end up in game.  :hmm:

(Though Imperator has the prettiest map of their games IMHO)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Heh, found my old V1 flags in my old backup files. Such cringe. :D

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Marxist Texas made their star gold? Surely the Texas Proletariat would have made it red. Chairman Jim Hogg will direct the central committee to initiate world revolution against the Yankee Bourgeoisie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I didn't think too hard about such things back then. :D There's a reason why the redesigned all flags for V2. And I understand V3 will have dynamic generation of ahistorical flags. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Imagine if actual fascists didn't post their stupidity on Steam forums

Is that the Steam message boards or Paradox forums?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 27, 2021, 11:53:29 AM

I'm open to the argument that Paradox is being too-PC and as a result ahistoric.

But when their opening suggestion is that Europeans should have faster research times because of their higher IQ levels... :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Looks like Steam and hopefully a troll, although Steam forums are a cesspool.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2021, 11:55:45 AM
Imagine if actual fascists didn't post their stupidity on Steam forums

To quote Malthus, Unpossible.

KRonn

I've been reading up on this game. I really like Vicky games but Vicky 2 was tricky with the diplomacy stuff on the screens where you applied influence to try and control provinces. I didn't like that, had a hard time working it sometimes. 

Syt

Yeah, that was my biggest gripe with V2's concepts and UI - the tedious diplomacy management as a great power, a constant whack-a-mole in competing with other powers for influence and endless "improve relations"/"discredit other power". Having it on a separate screen didn't help, either. I look forward to seeing how they'll improve on it.
—Stephen Jay Gould