News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, also waiting for a patch first. Tbh, I felt there was not enough foreign investment in late 1800s (e.g. England should be more active). Also power blocs didn't really expand (or new ones form eith the exception of France, but there seems to be a bug witg cohesion gain? There's a mod fixing some bugs, but it looks like a patch won't come before next week.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Hotfix with like a hundred line of fixes coming tomorrow.

Tamas

I started a war because I had to do a diplomatic play against Prussia to keep a lobby group's IG on my side enough so I can pass a law without them radicalising.

I am sure (well, I know) there are plenty of bugs and balance issues, but this is the kind of stuff I was looking for from the game.

Now they just need to somehow better manage national minority unrest and it'll be golden.

Tamas

Power Blocs are ridiculous though. Austria getting blanket bonuses like -10% mortality and +10% food production just because he has like 3 Italian minors in its power bloc.

Syt

New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-123-sphere-of-influence-post-release-thoughts.1691824/

Quote[...]

However, with all that said, a release of this size and complexity will always bring with it some bugs and balance issues that we weren't able to discover and fix in time and which are now our top priority to address. When you are reading this, hotfix 1.7.1 should already have dropped as of a couple hours ago, and we are planning to follow it up with at least one more hotfix, tentatively planned to release early next week, and I'll wrap up this dev diary by listing a few select fixes that 1.7.2 will contain:

- Substantial improvements (through AI improvements and balance tweaks) to the AI's ability to execute on historical and historically plausible outcomes, particularly in nation-forming and ability to pursue Journal Entries such as the - Meiji Restoration and Tanzimat Reforms
- Setup improvements to relations and AI attitudes to more closely match history
- More aggressive colonial AI, particularly for late-game land grabbing in Africa
- Making it harder to get reparations by occupying insignificant colonies
- Fix for poor building browser performance when using scrollbar
- Improved leverage UX
- Allowing Unrecognized Major Powers to form Power Blocs
- Balancing the Great Game to be less biased towards Britain

The above is of course NOT an exhaustive list, and we are not ruling out additional hotfixes after 1.7.2 if needed - while I think we released 1.7 in a good shape, we still want to ensure that any significant new bugs and balance issues are dealt with as speedily as possible. For this reason a part of the team (myself included) will continue working for a few weeks into July (taking our vacations later in the year instead), so that we maintain the capacity to release fixes as needed.

That's all for today, but you'll be seeing me again next week as I make the customary roadmap update and tell you about some of what we have in store for 1.8, 1.9 and beyond. See you then!

And a post scriptum:
QuoteSince this dev diary was written, several more high profile issues have been identified that will be fixed for 1.7.2 and which I feel are worth mentioning (once again though, this is not an exhaustive list! There are many more fixes that aren't in either of the two lists posted coming for 1.7.2):

- Ensuring Persia/Afghanistan can properly win the Great Game
- Adjust Pacification of the Steppes to be more reasonable in its difficulty
- Fixing issues with the AI not building up its military correctly
- Fixing the issue where Treaty Ports sometimes stop functioning
- Fixing another case where autonomous investment overbuilds too much of the same building in a single state
- Fixed the issues with released countries not having properly initialized AI/investment AI and sometimes not becoming a subject when released as subject
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

QuoteFixing issues with the AI not building up its military correctly

This is what is really taking the wind out of my sails right now.